foundation help!

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
i need a new foundation for the winter, and i have normal skin. I want something that gives me a flawless porcelin doll look. what are some foundations like this??

Hi Ashley. Welcome to MuT!!

when I think porcelaine doll skin...I think MAC Studio Fix. It´s a powder foundation and you apply it either with the sponge that comes with it, or with a powder brush (I prefer the later). it totally evens out your skin tone without adding too much color.

because of this, you´ll still have to wear blush and eye makeup, define your brows and wear something on your lips, otherwhise I personally look "dead" in it because my skintone is so even that it looks almost a little fake to me (in a good way though *lol*)

I like Joey Pure Pores foundation...It's sheer but dries to a velvety finish. I always overestimate how much I need, because it's so fluid and blendable. I started looking for a foundation that wouldn't crease, and for the most part Pure Pores is true to it's claim. It looks fresh for hours, and later in the day I might need a touch up, but that's really nothing compared to the usual hour-after-application-slideoff I'm accustomed to with other foundations.

Originally Posted by Arielle Hi Ashley. Welcome to MuT!!
when I think porcelaine doll skin...I think MAC Studio Fix. It´s a powder foundation and you apply it either with the sponge that comes with it, or with a powder brush (I prefer the later). it totally evens out your skin tone without adding too much color.

because of this, you´ll still have to wear blush and eye makeup, define your brows and wear something on your lips, otherwhise I personally look "dead" in it because my skintone is so even that it looks almost a little fake to me (in a good way though *lol*)

I've been meaning to get MAC studio fix but hear that some people get breakouts from it & the strange thing is that the breakouts might take a couple months of use before it starts to show up. I think its due to some oil controlling ingredient in it... Have u heard of this?
Also, does studio fix cover open pores & acne? Or is it more like loose powder where the coverage is more minimal?

Thanx
icon_cheesygrin.gif

Originally Posted by Aniger86 Also, does studio fix cover open pores & acne? Or is it more like loose powder where the coverage is more minimal?
Thanx
icon_cheesygrin.gif

Studiofix has great coverage, but that did me no good because it broke me out.
icon_rolleyes.gif
It did take about a month of use for me to start breaking out though, and once I quit using thr Studiofix, my skin cleared up in a few weeks.
I've heard great things about Px Flawless - I'd try that for what you're looking for, Ashley!!
icon_cheesygrin.gif

Originally Posted by Aniger86 I've been meaning to get MAC studio fix but hear that some people get breakouts from it & the strange thing is that the breakouts might take a couple months of use before it starts to show up. I think its due to some oil controlling ingredient in it... Have u heard of this?
Also, does studio fix cover open pores & acne? Or is it more like loose powder where the coverage is more minimal?

Thanx
icon_cheesygrin.gif

There's a lot of girls on this site that say Studio Fix broke them out. Once a pore clogs it can take up to 2 months before the acne actually appears, so it may take a while before you discover that a certain product is causing acne!
If you have problems with acne, you need to use a non-comedogenic or non-acnegenic foundation, powder, and concealor. Products labelled only "oil-free" don't have oils but may have other ingredients that clog pores. My dermatologist said that Prescriptives was the only brand that made "truly" noncomedogenic makeup, but I have tried some other products that worked well with my skin also. What ingredients cause acne can vary from person to person, so sometimes you have to do some experimenting to find what works for you! I have more acne information in my notepad, just click the link in my signature!
smile.gif

Originally Posted by FeistyFemme Studiofix has great coverage, but that did me no good because it broke me out.
icon_rolleyes.gif
It did take about a month of use for me to start breaking out though, and once I quit using thr Studiofix, my skin cleared up in a few weeks.
I've heard great things about Px Flawless - I'd try that for what you're looking for, Ashley!!
icon_cheesygrin.gif

Ericka that thing exactly happened to me, I broke out after one month using Studio Fix,and I don't know why it took one month of using it, most times I broke out at the second or even the first time of some products!!

Originally Posted by FeistyFemme I've heard great things about Px Flawless - I'd try that for what you're looking for, Ashley!!
icon_cheesygrin.gif
I've been meaning to try this foundation myself but I don't have a Prescriptives counter in town ... but you can check out our thread on Prescriptives Flawless Skin Foundation here!
smile.gif

I'm enjoying Estee Lauder Double Wear at the moment. It gives excellent coverage and is still quite natural looking. It stays on all day even without primer.

I use to wear Studio Fix and I found it was very mask-like and drying although the coverage is fab.

Originally Posted by girl_geek There's a lot of girls on this site that say Studio Fix broke them out. Once a pore clogs it can take up to 2 months before the acne actually appears, so it may take a while before you discover that a certain product is causing acne!
If you have problems with acne, you need to use a non-comedogenic or non-acnegenic foundation, powder, and concealor. Products labelled only "oil-free" don't have oils but may have other ingredients that clog pores. My dermatologist said that Prescriptives was the only brand that made "truly" noncomedogenic makeup, but I have tried some other products that worked well with my skin also. What ingredients cause acne can vary from person to person, so sometimes you have to do some experimenting to find what works for you! I have more acne information in my notepad, just click the link in my signature!
smile.gif

Oh Girl Geek you've just answered to my question!! I'll check out your notepad right now!! I'm always curius what ingredient of Studio Fix make me broke out!!!

Studio Fix caused breakout for me as well. I so wanted to love it because the coverage was nice. Presciptives sounds great-probably would have to go to the states to find a counter.

Originally Posted by FeistyFemme Studiofix has great coverage, but that did me no good because it broke me out.
icon_rolleyes.gif
icon_cheesygrin.gif

Thanx again!!
I used to have Prescriptives in S'pore but a couple of months back, the counters ceased to exist anymore
icon_cry.gif

Originally Posted by girl_geek What ingredients cause acne can vary from person to person, so sometimes you have to do some experimenting to find what works for you! I think u r right on this. I double checked for MAC studio fix but it seems not to have ance causing ingredients but the fact that its breaking some people out means that there has got to be something in it that people could be allergic to...maybe its some ingredient that's specially formulated for this particular foundation.

Originally Posted by greeneyedangel I'm enjoying Estee Lauder Double Wear at the moment. It gives excellent coverage and is still quite natural looking. It stays on all day even without primer. I have tried this but it was a near disaster for me! Glad it worked out for u though
biggrin.gif

I'm loving the Perscriptives Flawless Skin... the perfect all-around foundation. It's great!
icon_cheesygrin.gif

Originally Posted by NYAngel98 I'm loving the Perscriptives Flawless Skin... the perfect all-around foundation. It's great!
icon_cheesygrin.gif
I use Max Factor Facefinity, partly b/c I am pale as anything and few companies make pale foundations, and b/c in the summer, my makeup melts in 5 minutes b/c it is over 100 degrees most days here, and we have very high humidity. It isnt waterproof, but it doesnt melt, and doesnt look like cake like some of the stay ons. I get a lot of complements on my complexion. I havent found anything I like better, but I always look for one, but cant find one. Department stores dont have fair enough colors for me. Salespeople dont even try to sell me them, they tell me it looks like crap and they dont have one fair enough. Is there anyone pale that has a foundation they like? I am not even as pale as Nicole Kidman, it is weird to me they rarely make lighter colors.

Originally Posted by peekaboo Studio Fix caused breakout for me as well. I so wanted to love it because the coverage was nice. Presciptives sounds great-probably would have to go to the states to find a counter. Hi,I think I will try the Prescritives Foundation next when I'm done my Double Wear. I don't know where in Canada you are but I know Holt Renfrew in Toronto carries this brand. HTH!

Latest posts

Back