Foundation- Oily Skin

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
yeah i use mary kay's tinted moisturizer now and a little of l'oreal's concealer for the parts i need it but i don't like liquid concealers/foundations much. but i would like a mineral foundation for going out and what not.

Originally Posted by SassyAuburn /img/forum/go_quote.gif

If you do think about trying a mineral foundation, I strongly suggest getting some samples... and a great company to do that with is L.A. Minerals. You can find them online at laminerals.com  You can get several different samples to try to find the right shade and they also have three different formulas--a light coverage, a medium coverage, and a heavier coverage which is great for people with breakouts as it is easier to hid acne as well as treat it at the same time.

They have a great online store and extremely reasonable prices. I've been using their foundation, blush and some eyeshadows now for several years and am EXTREMELY happy. My daughter is 16 and has acne breakouts and loves it as well. Even if you have a dry spot during the winter months, it's easy to blend in with a moisturizers to get a tinted coverage for those areas. 

Good luck, and let me know if you decide to give them a try!
if i go to their website can i just order samples to be mailed to me or no ?

I actually like to use covergirls clean foundation. I but the sensitive liquid foundation (I have somewhat sensitive skin) and then the made for oily skin powder. I hope this helped a tad :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Yeah, I also have seriously oily skin and I use Smashbox Photo Finish Primer, then over that I use MAC Mattifying Gel over the parts of my skin that get really oily (basically my whole face lol) and then I apply my foundation. I found powder foundation works reallllly well on oily skin (well at least my skin) I use MAC Studio Fix and then build up the coverage and I seriously blot like 3-4 hours after applying my makeup whereas before I use to blot my face like every hour or two. I use Clean & Clear's Blotting Sheets, it was like under $5 (if I remember correctly..but it was super cheap) and came with 50 sheets and the thing I like about them is that they remove the oil from your face without taking off your makeup as well. I still have a good amount left.

I've also heard good things about MAC's Blotting Powder. I haven't tried it yet.

Back