Foundation Recommendations

Makeuptalk.com - Makeup forums and reviews

Help Support Makeuptalk.com - Makeup forums and reviews:

Reaction score
Newbie here, though I've been stalking the forums for awhile for spoilers/info on the many beauty boxes.

I have dry-ish and slightly-but-not-too sensitive skin. I get a lot of redness in my cheeks and am looking for a foundation that will even out my skin, stick around all day, and not look like it was spackled on.

Currently I use GloMinerals loose base, and I love it - it's buildable, natural looking, feels light on my skin, and adjusts when I get a little color in my face in the summer. But by mid-day the redness is back in my cheeks.

I picked up Sephora primer, hoping that would solve the issue, but it only helped a little bit. I don't know if maybe I need a better primer or just a different foundation. I do moisturize before applying makeup.

I plan to visit my local Sephora or Macys for advice and to get a color match, but before I go I want to see if any of you ladies have any particular recommendations.

Reaction score
I see you do moisturize prior to application, however- skincare regimen can pull someof that off top... try moisturizing, waiting a few minutes for initial absorption and then re-apply the moisturizer; allowing another few minutes- that may help.

I have a handful of things you may like to try that have worked for me as I get combo-dry and at times combo-oily skin...

1. Makeup ForEver HD- their foundation has pretty good coverage, and isn't too heavy on

2. Urban Decay- Surreal Skin in the liquid to powder form

3. A recent find which is a steal in the price department- which is Maybellines Nude AirFoam foundation- it's buildable but VERY light on, and does not transfer much and I love that about it.

Reaction score
I had MUFE's HD stuff in mind as a possibility, since people who love it seem like really, really love it. I'll definitely try moisturizing a second time - can't hurt!

Reaction score
I use MAC Studio Sculpt. If you are looking for moisture, this would probably be a good fit. I have oily skin and the SA's at MAC tried to talk me out of it because its a gel based foundation, geared towards dryer skinned gals. A little bit of powder makes it look fine with my skin, but with a dryer skinned person, it might give you that extra bit of moisture, as well as a slightly dewy look too. 

Reaction score
Try Mac's minizeralized foundation, it adds some moisture to the skin cause it's creme based but still light on the skin! It's doesn't become heavy or get cakey looking after a few hours, and with a bit of settling powder your good to go! The foundation also helps to even out the skintone as well! I hope this helps! 

Reaction score
If you have a problem with foundation lasting try Makeup Forever Matte or rimmel stay matte and one I have had a lot of luck with and many of my fellow makeup artists is Revlon Color stay. Try without a primer first then try primer however use only a petit pea size, too much primer can cause the foundation to crumble or slide off.

Latest posts