foundation the best and worse

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Ok So I've been searching for that perfect foundation and so far no luck Which foundation do you think is the best and which are the worst and most importantly WHY? :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> Can't wait to hear from you all

The best, for me, is Kat Von D's Lock-It Tattoo Foundation. I have a fair amount of scarring and discoloration from years of battling acne. The battle has been won, but the scars remain. This foundation is the only one I've ever found that covers all of my scarring and disocloration without looking and feeling like a mask. I don't even need to use concealer with it! The only downside is that the lightest shade is too light, and the next shade up is a bit too dark, but I fix this by mixing in a little Revlon ColorStay in the lightest shade (I forget its name) to lighten it up just enough. It keeps my skin matte and is transfer-proof throughout the day. I use my Real Techniques by Samantha Chapman expert face brush to apply it, and it looks absolutely flawless!

As for the worst, I'd have to give that dubious distinction to that Cover Girl and Olay stuff -- the one that Ellen DeGeneres used to promote. I think it was called Simply Ageless. The packaging was difficult to open, the product ran out quickly, the colors looked unnatural, it felt heavy and greasy on my skin, and rubbed off onto everything I touched. It felt like wearing a mask made of grease and oil.

Best: Estee Lauder Double Wear

Why: Applies nicely no matter how you apply it (fingers, sponge, brush), has superb coverage and gives perfect skin finish, stays on all day, matches skin great (has many shades)

2nd place: Revlon ColorStay (liquid)

Why: Applies nicely, has great coverage, many different shades to match lots of skin tones, has good staying power (not as good as ELDW though), isn't too pricey 

Worst: Maybelline Fit Me

Why: Not very good coverage, super greasy (and I don't even have particularly oily skin), no staying power

My favorite is MUFE HD foundation! It has AMAZING coverage and I love it!

As to the worst ones...I hated my Revlon ColorStay, but then again I think the shade was way off so that might be it.

Best: Giorgio Armani Luminous Silk Foundation. Why: It goes on as smooth as silk. It has excellent coverage, radiance, and is long lasting without looking cakey. Worst: Any drug store brands like Revlon, Cover Girl, Maybelline, also Red Earth. Why: Most look cakey and matte, and they look patchy on combination skin types.

Latest posts

Back