Fungus on a brush ...

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
hi guys ...this is awful.......i opened my retractable brush today ,u know the one which can be covered with a cap .......and i found that the bristles had fungus on em .............why the hell did that happen ...............it wasn`t old either ..........it was only one time that i had used it ......say about20 days ago and replaces its cap only to find whitish fungus on it when i opened it today ..............although i cleaned it up nicely wid warm water and dettol and antiseptic soap .....but i`m afraid to use it now ................

and does that mean I CAN`T CLOSE IT`S CAP AGAIN ????????????
10.gif

WHAT THE
vogel.gif
!!!!!!!!!

what shud i do now ?????????

When you close it, make sure the bristles are 100% dry. When you close the cap while it's wet, the water evaporates and either stays in the air and provides a nice humid climate or it condenses and sort of rains down again and the brush has it's own disgusting little ecosystem. =(

It should be fine now, just let it completely dry before you put the cap on it again.

And if you stored it when other brushes, I'd take a good look at them too. Just to be sure. Fungus & bacteria spread fast.

If you're keeping your brushes in the bathroom, it might be a good thing to take them out.

hey bombheart, would you happen to be on gaia with the same username?

as for your brush kohil, I agree with bombheart. if you used antiseptic soap, i think you're good as long as you keep your brush dry!

Honestly, I would throw the brush out. But that's just me.
smile.gif

I work with children and we don't clean off their toys at the end of the day when we put them away in their bins. Apparently, putting toys away in a tightly closed space after disinfecting them can actually cause bacteria and mold/fungus to grow worse than if they were put away dry (and uncleaned). So we disinfect them when we take them out, before the kids play with them. And then put them away dirty.

So, basically, you might want to clean your brush before you use it and not after. And, like the other ladies said, don't put the cap on if it's even remotely damp. hth!

Originally Posted by Bombheart /img/forum/go_quote.gif When you close it, make sure the bristles are 100% dry. When you close the cap while it's wet, the water evaporates and either stays in the air and provides a nice humid climate or it condenses and sort of rains down again and the brush has it's own disgusting little ecosystem. =( It should be fine now, just let it completely dry before you put the cap on it again.

And if you stored it when other brushes, I'd take a good look at them too. Just to be sure. Fungus & bacteria spread fast.

If you're keeping your brushes in the bathroom, it might be a good thing to take them out.

Hi,
Excellent advice Bombheart.
thumbsup2.gif

That almost sounds worse than the girl who had a spider in her loofah. Throw it out.

This happened to me too a few weeks ago. I washed it and left it out to dry but I guess it was still damp, I washed it with about five different soaps around the house and havent used it since, guess I'm still freaked out by it lol. I think imma throw it out now though.

Back