Fur on the Runway

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
No one's arguing but debating.

Humans and animals don't suffer the same at all. Humans feel loss more profoundly and they mourn. I don't think a woman who has just lost her newborn baby suffers the same as a female cat that just lost one of her litter. Science backs up this proposition. Humans are more complex and intelligent than animals. If not, they'd be flying to the moon. Not us.

In the grand heirarchy of nature, humans are on top. That means if I see a dog and a man in the street who are going to be hit by a car, I will save the man's life before the dogs.

Yeah, Im going to cool it it's not going anywhere anyway. I have my opinions and nobody is going to change them just as everyone has theirs.

"As long as there are slaughterhouses, there will be battlefields.

What I think about vivisection is that if people admit that they have the right to take or endanger the life of living beings for the benefit of many, there will be no limit to their cruelty." One of my favorite quotes. Which leads to -

"In their behavior toward creatures, all men are Nazis. Human beings see oppression vividly when they're the victims. Otherwise they victimize blindly and without a thought."

Originally Posted by MindySue /img/forum/go_quote.gif They can still try. It will never stop completely but a difference can be made.
Ok, well that just proves how sick are world is anyways. Nobody wants to think of Animals on the same level as people. Nothing I can do about that, but I think it's wrong. Taking an animals life should be just as bad as killing a human IMO.

It's even easier to say it's wrong when you see a video of how they do it, and learn about it.

Well, im not affended you eat meat. I accept that people do.

I just was affended that you blamed peta for animal cruelty.

And I didn't mean to label you a murderer, I said killing it is murder, and I guess that would make meat eaters just eating the murdered animal.

Im sorry to say I can't respect it because I know how those animals die.

I just cant, this will be my last post here..so I don't get in trouble.

But I see a big difference in a vegetarian lifestyle, because there isnt anything to not respect about it, and eating meat..it's just a horrible industry and unrespectable in my book. There is nothing you can say that is wrong about being a vegetarian, and so many things that are wrong with eating meat, because of how the animals are killed and how it hurts the enviroment and even our own bodies. I don't get why im supposed to respect the choice to brutally murder another living creature that feels the same pain I do.

If people had the choice to kill children because they tasted good, and then put them on the market, and you decided you didn't agree with this cruelty, would you respect those people who chose to kill/eat the children? I highly doubt it, because killing people is NEVER acceptable. Im sure you think that is an absurd comparison because nobody wants to think of animals as the same as us, but I do, so it is the same for me, which is why I can never respect a meat eating lifestyle. I hope you atleast understand that part of my thinking. Animals are my friends,(not just cats and dogs, but cows and chickens and pigs) and I certainly don't want to respect the choice of people to eat my friends.

The highlighted paragraph TOTALLY proves my point. PETA supporters have NO respect for anything but their own beliefs. That is why meat-eating people think all of you are overboard. Your statements are SO closed-minded I am flabbergasted. Until PETA people start respecting people who eat meat you will not be able to get help from us. Please realize that vegetarians are not the only good people in the world. Even meat-eaters can love animals too.
Eating meat does not hurt the environment that I am aware of. It may help it a bit, if you buy into the emission of CO2 by cows and other animals adding to global warming. Meat definitely doesn't hurt my body.

Animals are NOT equal to human beings. A cat does not have the same priority as a human being in a burning building. When it comes down to humans or animals I will pick the humans.

Don’t believe everything you see and read on a website. It’s not like PETA is impartial or anything. Do you think PETA would be above doctoring a video to make it look the way they needed it to look?

With or without videos I think it's wrong.

I don't see your point being proved. Nothing deserves to be killed.

And I said that I consider all living things to be on the same level. Thats why I have my beliefs. I dont care if they are considered equal or not in reality, they are to me.

If a group of beings from another planet were to land on Earth -- beings who considered themselves as superior to you as you feel yourself to be to other animals -- would you concede them the rights over you that you assume over other animals?

I am going to cut into this, and I recommend that this thread be closed.

To the maker of this thread, first of all, you are a child, this is an issue that you need to take up with your parents and allow them to be your teacher, not makeuptalk.com.

Second off all, life is about TOLERANCE, you can see the way someone lives their life, you shake your head on it, and you move on. But to question people about what they believe on EITHER end is disrespectful. If it is within the bounds of the law, and a person cannot go to jail for it, then it is not my business. It is not unlawful to kill and eat certain types of animals. It is against the law to assault people and vandalize because of beliefs, and I am going to leave that at that.

If you want to uproar about something, uprorar about the thousands of children that are kidnapped and killed every year. Make an issue about children that are abused, uproar about the genocide in Darfur, there are TONS of issues that we as people could be involved in concerning our human race, yet we spend this time arguing about something that will still be walking the earth after we all are dead and gone.

If you eat meat, congratulations, if you dont, congratulations to you too.

Please make this the last thread about these kind of issues. There are many hog pens around the world wide web that love these bottomless discussions, but this should not be one of them.

I love you all
smile.gif

That is enough. This thread will now be closed. This is not the place for political discussion. If you want to talk about it further then pm eachother, don't argue on this board.

Back