Gel nail polish and nail designs

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi, everyone. I am sorry if this is a stupid questions but, I started getting OPI gel nail polish on my nails a couple of months ago. I love it because it lasts a couple of weeks, and I can use it on my own nails and not have to get acrylic nails. I love the look of the gel polish and also acrylic nails. My nails grow pretty fast on their own so I thought the gel polish would be great for me to be able to have nice looking real nails. I has asked if they could put sparkle nail polish over the gel polish and they said no. Can you put a regular polish like that on top and then seal it? Also, can they do a design on top of the gel polish? I would love to be able to occasionally get a design without having to get the acrylic nails.

Thanks for the advice,

Debbie

Originally Posted by buttercup70 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Hi, everyone. I am sorry if this is a stupid questions but, I started getting OPI gel nail polish on my nails a couple of months ago. I love it because it lasts a couple of weeks, and I can use it on my own nails and not have to get acrylic nails. I love the look of the gel polish and also acrylic nails. My nails grow pretty fast on their own so I thought the gel polish would be great for me to be able to have nice looking real nails. I has asked if they could put sparkle nail polish over the gel polish and they said no. Can you put a regular polish like that on top and then seal it? Also, can they do a design on top of the gel polish? I would love to be able to occasionally get a design without having to get the acrylic nails.

Thanks for the advice,

Debbie
They make gel polish that has glitter in it, so one option would be trying to go somewhere that has more color options.

I have gotten foil added to my gel mani before and it lasted forever and looked awesome.  They just sandwiched it in between the layers of gel.  Gel nail polish acts just like regular nail polish, so you can definitely use it to do some nail art.

Thanks for the reply. I think they actually have a lot of colors there. The first gel manicure I did was with the OPI black color and then they did have the silver glitter polish to go ove it, but I guess they don't make it in those ones that have the pretty colors in it. I think I am going to go today and get one done. I am going to wait to see if they can do like a heart or something next time when it is close to Valentine's Day. Thanks for letting me know that they can do designs on them.

Debbie

Latest posts

Back