Get Gorgeous Tea - good for your skin

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
FYI: Red Tea is another name for Black Tea. It comes from the same plant that gives us white tea, green tea, oolong, pu-erh tea and of course black tea. Basically this so-called "gorgeous skin" tea is nothing more than bunk to sell you overpriced tea. You can pick up Red Tea at Asian stores for under $5 for a huge container of it.

I think it's a misunderstanding people make too often, everything that is under the form of dry leaves and brewed is called tea *eyeroll*  If you look at the ingredients, there is no tea, as in camellia sinensis leaves, inside. It's rooibos from Africa and hibiscus flowers, which give red tinted water.

If this was mixed with a larger amount of burdock *and* dandelion root, it actually *would* work to clear skin up. Dandelion root in a decocted form is fabulous, powerful stuff which really does help reduce/eliminate acne breakouts. Unfortunately, due to the Canadian government's stupid, archaic 'laws' on health products, I can no longer get it here and must order from the US from iherb.com in bulk. Yet crack is readily available, go figger.....It's still cheap - the dandelion *not* the crack - but there is the extra cost of shipping which really peeves me, plus the fact that if customs decides to root around in my boxes, they will likely seize it. I gave a friend of mine a bag of it for the first time last year and he has been using it to help his symptoms from having hepatitis c for many years. He claims he always feels significantly better when drinking it and immediately feels worse when he runs out. It works by helping flush out/stimulate the liver, reducing toxins in the body, so it doesn't surprise me. Works very fast too.

He can use artichoke too for his liver.

It's very weird this attitude about dandelion, it grows so easily in a garden it's even kind of stupid. If they want to control the use of plants they'd better make sure people know how to use them.

I don't have much of a problem getting my herbs, i can order online (it peeves me too, especially when i only need one or two), or i can go to stores, with the problem of prices. Sometimes, they cannot be justified just by the cost of the plant itself. Lucky for me my local healthfood store sells around 15 plants which are cultivated in the area, so it cuts down the cost. Another issue about which i have mixed feelings is before producers could indicate some general medicinal properties on the bag, which is now forbidden. In a sense it promotes research, but considering doctors are not very much aware of herbalism, and there is even some despise about it, and there is no longer an official diploma of herbalist, people don't really know where to turn to know what plant to use for what.

Can't u just go into your back yard and dig up dandelion root and dry it?  I get the horsetail from my landscaping and dry it to use.   

Originally Posted by satojoko /img/forum/go_quote.gif

If this was mixed with a larger amount of burdock *and* dandelion root, it actually *would* work to clear skin up. Dandelion root in a decocted form is fabulous, powerful stuff which really does help reduce/eliminate acne breakouts. Unfortunately, due to the Canadian government's stupid, archaic 'laws' on health products, I can no longer get it here and must order from the US from iherb.com in bulk. Yet crack is readily available, go figger.....It's still cheap - the dandelion *not* the crack - but there is the extra cost of shipping which really peeves me, plus the fact that if customs decides to root around in my boxes, they will likely seize it. I gave a friend of mine a bag of it for the first time last year and he has been using it to help his symptoms from having hepatitis c for many years. He claims he always feels significantly better when drinking it and immediately feels worse when he runs out. It works by helping flush out/stimulate the liver, reducing toxins in the body, so it doesn't surprise me. Works very fast too.

ive been drinking this lately and i really have seen a difference and if when i do get breakouts there small and controlled:)

Back