Getting wax off of carpet or couches ect..

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I have been wanting to post this but kepp forgetting to.

Ever got hot wax from a candle on your carpet or couch? I have lol when I was a teenager. I was so scaredthat my stepdad would freak out because we just got new carpet in the house, lol. So I hunted all over the internet for something to get it out, then I can acroos some chat room, this was back in my AOL days :0) about cleaning and such. A lady told me to wait for the wax to hardin and don'y try to rub it off or smear it. But once it was hard take a towel and a med heat iron. Place towel over the area with the wax and iron the towel, keep lifting up towel to check and see when all the wax is gone...

Needless to say I didn't get in trouble, my poor stepdad had no clue about the wax until I was 18 and out of the house then I decided to tell him lol, he just laughed (go figure)

yeah. it works. when i was in college, we weren't allowed to have candles, but people still used them. lol. so we had to learn how to do that.

Thats a great tip. One that I have used many times.
icon_redface.gif

Back