Gifting, how does it work?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi ladies, I hear about people gifting themselves items in their bags. How does this work? I have two items in my bag right now that I woud like to send to my other account, how are you charged for the "gifts"? Do you get charged the shipping fee plus the cost of 49$ Help! I know this seems like a dumb question but I would really appreciate some help. Thank you.

I'm pretty sure you have to pay as soon as you gift... I think it costs 4.95? I'm honestly not sure, though I think gifting yourself is not allowed.

Yeah, I thought it was against the rules too. However, I've seen multiple people doing it and many people mentioning it in the LBB thread here on MUT. I'm just curious because at the moment I only have two things in my open bag and would like to keep trading if possible. Trading is extremely slow right now.

I don't know that I'm quite following. Once you gift from that bag, you have to pay for the bag, or at least that is my understanding, so it wouldn't really make sense to gift to yourself...because you stilll have to pay for both bags, if I understand LBB correctly.

Originally Posted by Playedinloops /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I don't know that I'm quite following. Once you gift from that bag, you have to pay for the bag, or at least that is my understanding, so it wouldn't really make sense to gift to yourself...because you stilll have to pay for both bags, if I understand LBB correctly.
I'm in the same boat. I don't really understanding gifting either - since it seems LBB would charge you for both bags.

From my understanding if you're going to open a bag ($49) you do not have to pay the shipping for the gifts because your already paying for the shipping of the lbb. 
  • It gives you the option that the person giving the gift to pay for the shipping ($4.95)  or for the recipient to pay for the shipping
  • It is not against the rules, I've read people asking on their facebook before and they said that it is not against the rules.
  • You will be charged for both bags. People gift to themselves so that the items that they were not able to trade they can trade in the next bag they open. Does that make sense? So say my time was running out and I had 3 items that I couldn't trade so I gift them to my other account before my time ended. When I open my other lbb on my other account I start with 3 items + the 3 items I have gifted myself. Allowing me more time to trade around for items I want.

Originally Posted by maryissa /img/forum/go_quote.gif

• It gives you the option that the person giving the gift to pay for the shipping ($4.95)  or for the recipient to pay for the shipping
  • It is not against the rules, I've read people asking on their facebook before and they said that it is not against the rules.
  • You will be charged for both bags. People gift to themselves so that the items that they were not able to trade they can trade in the next bag they open. Does that make sense? So say my time was running out and I had 3 items that I couldn't trade so I gift them to my other account before my time ended. When I open my other lbb on my other account I start with 3 items + the 3 items I have gifted myself. Allowing me more time to trade around for items I want.
This makes a lot more sense. Thank you!

unfortunately, they do charge shipping even if you open another bag.  I gifted myself a few items from one account to the other.  I was immediately charged the full price for that bag, it's shipping, plus the gift shipping.  so approx. $60.

Then I opened another bag on my second account and redeemed my gift.  When I shipped this bag I was charged the price of the bag plus shipping again.  ($55).

I think they used to give the option for either the gifter or recipient to pay shipping, but they recently quit that.

Doesn't really make much sense to me, but that's the way they do it.  I only gifted myself the items because there was a sold out bag I REALLY wanted, and I needed a higher multi offer to get it.

Latest posts

Back