Girly question

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
First of all, before everyone just tells me "Go see your doctor", I was planning on scheduling my annual PAP smear (which I am slightly overdue for :icon_redf) after this cycle is over :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> But I am still curious if this has happened to anyone else first...

Has anyone ever had a "false alarm" period? Like, every PMS / period symptom except for the actual bleeding? Normally my cycle is 35-40 days long, I have PMS (very sore breasts) for about a week before my period, and I normally have cramps for the first 2 days or so of my period. The cramps also tend to start a few hours before the bleeding.

But this month, after only two weeks I started getting my sore PMS breasts! On day 23 of my cycle (which was yesterday), I had my normal cramps all day, starting early in the morning. Today I have had no cramps. But the weird thing is that I still have not started bleeding! My period is pretty light but I should still be bleeding some by now! (I'm also confused why this all started so early in the cycle.) Has something like this ever happened to someone else?

I know that stress, exercise, and weight gain/loss can affect your cycle, but my life has been the same as ever lately so I doubt any of those things are affecting me....

I don't know y, but sometimes, my period is off. But it does come and there's nothing wrong w/me

i dont know your age and how many kid's you have if any, your cycle does change through out your life teen-20's-30's and after you have kids i know mine did when i was younger it would always come late and it was heavey after each child it sort of change then for awhile i would be on time for a few years and after this last baby im now always early and if im heavy bleeding one month i might not be as much the next and when i was younger it would last a week now it only last 2-3 days if your not pregnant then i dont think you have to worry, if you were bleeding more than the norm and bad cramps i would be a little alarm

I am 25, no kids, but I am married so there's always a chance for pregnancy (although we are super-careful with the bc!) My period has been gradually getting lighter and my cycle has gradually been getting longer over the past few years, but since I haven't had any sudden changes I haven't worried about it -- I know your hormones do change as you age. I just thought it was really weird this month, getting all the symptoms but no bleeding! I am now on day 26 and still no bleeding, and no more cramps or anything (though my boobs are still kind of sore like PMS). I just thought it was really weird for me to get PMS and cramps in the middle of my cycle! Now I'm curious if I'll still get my period at its normal time, which should be in about 10 days (give or take a few, it's never exact!) :confused:

My period finally came on day 28 (and the cramps came back too, yuk)... still early for me, but otherwise everything seems normal now. I will try to schedule a gyno appointment this month if I can get in though... Like I said, I'm already overdue for my annual PAP -- bad me! :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I've found that every few years my period goes kind of wonky before settling back into a routine. I've asked my doc about it and was told that your body "resets" itself every few years, so it could be that, as well. As long as it isn't accompanied by any "weird" symptoms, I wouldn't worry about it.

Back