Glamour Doll Eyes OTM: April 2013

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Originally Posted by yousoldtheworld /img/forum/go_quote.gif

My April (and first) OTM showed up today. SO HAPPY WITH IT! And ridiculously fast shipping...here are some pics. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

The color this month is called "Fellas Love Yella" and it's a gorgeous perfect gold! They describe it as a "pale marigold yellow with golden/copper shimmer."

(swatch is one VERY light swipe, no primer. Super pigmented and shimmery!)

Gorgeous!

I wore this month's OTM today, along with Big Brother (from the Twilight Collection), also by GDE. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> Yay! A little messy as it was my "I have 10 minutes to do my makeup for work!" day...

Also worn: Big Brother by GDE, Starlooks Diamondline liner in Fancy, Starlooks mascara, theBalm Hot Mama blush, and Ellis Faas Glazed Lips in 305.

Messy, but I really liked the colors! :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I wore this month's OTM today, along with Big Brother (from the Twilight Collection), also by GDE. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> Yay! A little messy as it was my "I have 10 minutes to do my makeup for work!" day...
LL
LL
LL
Also worn: Big Brother by GDE, Starlooks Diamondline liner in Fancy, Starlooks mascara, theBalm Hot Mama blush, and Ellis Faas Glazed Lips in 305. Messy, but I really liked the colors! :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> Looks great! Love the color combo :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

The colors look really good on you but a small suggestion which you can take it or leave it. If you added a chocolate liner (or black but on you I think chocolate would be better) I think it would really make your eyes pop so next time try a chocolate liner (NYX has a really nice one). You have green eyes or hazel?

Also worn: Big Brother by GDE, Starlooks Diamondline liner in Fancy, Starlooks mascara, theBalm Hot Mama blush, and Ellis Faas Glazed Lips in 305.

Messy, but I really liked the colors! :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Originally Posted by zadidoll /img/forum/go_quote.gif

The colors look really good on you but a small suggestion which you can take it or leave it. If you added a chocolate liner (or black but on you I think chocolate would be better) I think it would really make your eyes pop so next time try a chocolate liner (NYX has a really nice one). You have green eyes or hazel?
Agree that a liner (especially liquid) would be super awesome there. But man - I LOVE that lip color on you! I want that.

lol....I almost always wear liner...but like I said, I had 10 minutes...no worries, I have a whole box of liners...it's my usual "if nothing else I'll wear liner and mascara" staple. Thanks though :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

My eyes are mostly green.

Originally Posted by zadidoll /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Quote: Originally Posted by yousoldtheworld /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Originally Posted by amygab1126 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Quote: Originally Posted by zadidoll /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Agree that a liner (especially liquid) would be super awesome there. But man - I LOVE that lip color on you! I want that.

Thanks! :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> I wear liner just about every day, was just wanting some color and only had 10 minutes :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> Thanks! I got that color in my Glossybox a while back and I've fallen in love with it...I was so hesitant about it because being fairly cool toned,  orange isn't my thing but it's one of my favorite lip products, now!

Thanks! :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> I wear liner just about every day, was just wanting some color and only had 10 minutes :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> Thanks! I got that color in my Glossybox a while back and I've fallen in love with it...I was so hesitant about it because being fairly cool toned,  orange isn't my thing but it's one of my favorite lip products, now!
Haha...that's awesome. I got screwed with that Glossybox and my Ellis Faas was deep purplish-brown (proving that our beauty profiles mean NOTHING - "why would they send me this?!").

But hey - on another note: Can GDE eyeshadows be converted to a pressed form at home in any way? I love the colors I've seen (and all the sparkle!), but I don't do well with loose pigments.

I got my Otm yesterday. Such a pretty color that is way out of my comfort zone. It will be fun to play with! Love the bag it came in also.

I got my Otm yesterday. Such a pretty color that is way out of my comfort zone. It will be fun to play with! Love the bag it came in also.
I thought I posted this exact same thing here yesterday, but it must have been I another board! I used it today in my lids with my Princess Diaries gel liner from Starlooks used from the crease to my brow, and i"the combination looked very Peeps-like. I'm looking forward to having more time to play with this one and figure out how to make it work for me!

Originally Posted by amygab1126 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Quote: Originally Posted by yousoldtheworld /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Haha...that's awesome. I got screwed with that Glossybox and my Ellis Faas was deep purplish-brown (proving that our beauty profiles mean NOTHING - "why would they send me this?!").

But hey - on another note: Can GDE eyeshadows be converted to a pressed form at home in any way? I love the colors I've seen (and all the sparkle!), but I don't do well with loose pigments.

I've never tried it, but I imagine doing so would be just like with any other loose mineral shadow. I've heard of people doing it, but I've heard it is kind of tricky/messy. THe process is similar to fixing a broken blush or shadow, but you need a binder as well as alcohol. Here's a blog post (not mine! Just one I remember reading a while back!) on the process:   If you end up trying it, let us know how it goes!

I do find that the loose pigments aren't so bad once you get used to them! Now that I've figured out a method, I have come to prefer them to most of my pressed shadows. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />  Love GDE...I have around a dozen shades and they are all so pretty!

Fellas Love Yella over Saucebox Cosmetics primer (left) & Hard Candy's Show Girl's Secret (right)​
Taken with iPhone, harsh outdoor light​

I have to say that I was a bit bummed when I first received this because I am *not* a fan of yellow, but the more I wear it, the more I dig it.  I even had to apply it heavily (read:  in an office-inappropriate manner) today with my now-beloved essence Shopping @ Portobello Road (dark yet bright turquoise, from the current Vintage District trend edition collection) gel eyeliner to get myself in gear to clean my apartment.  I'll actually start any minute now.  Any minute.  Really.  I promise.  I just annointed my hands with a Determination magickal oil that always gets me to buckle down and concentrate on cleaning, so that's progress, right?

Bumping with a heads-up for people who didn't see the email: 32 slots for May opening at noon Pacific time today! And it's an extra-item month per the email, so these will probably go even more quickly than last month's slots.

Back