Glamour Doll Eyes OTM: May 2013

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Originally Posted by meaganola /img/forum/go_quote.gif
What is everyone using as primer for S&M? I'm just not digging it as much as April's color, partly because it doesn't seem like a May color but mainly because it doesn't seem to play well with the primers I've tried so far. It's somehow simultaneously too dark and too sheer, and I think it's a primer/base issue.
I haven't used it yet as a shadow (darker colors are tricky for me, I have to figure out just the right way to wear each one) but for my swatch, I used my Starlooks iPrimer, and when I wore it as a liner I used a L'oreal concealer stick as a base.

What is everyone using as primer for S&M? I'm just not digging it as much as April's color, partly because it doesn't seem like a May color but mainly because it doesn't seem to play well with the primers I've tried so far. It's somehow simultaneously too dark and too sheer, and I think it's a primer/base issue.
I'm using a base from Saucebox Cosmetics. The one on the left is the base itself. I applied S&M over that same base (you can see a hint of it near the top of the pic).

iPhone - indoors with flash​

I used UDPP original for a primer. These pics include my total order. . Dino Spots, Rocket, Fiji Mermaid, He Loves Me Not, Typical Girl, Hello Brooklyn, S&M, new blush. No Flash, flash.

I will be getting Hello Brooklyn soon solely because of the name. _Paul's Boutique_ is quite possibly my all-time favorite album. I've just been too broke to buy anything lately.

I will be getting Hello Brooklyn soon solely because of the name. _Paul's Boutique_ is quite possibly my all-time favorite album. I've just been too broke to buy anything lately.
My pics aren't great, the pigments are so much brighter and amazeballs than shown lol. Definitely get HB! Also, I got a raffle ticket with my order peeps! For each $10 spent, you're entered to win the ENTIRE GDE collection!

I have not tried GDE eyeshadows yet, but they look so good!

For a primer I really like Mavala eye base because it is clear and has a matte finish. You can also put it all around your eye area and it helps my concealer stay on. The eye base also moisturizes and feels like an eye cream, so that is nice too.

I buy it from What She Buys as they seem to have the best price and free shipping for US only (I think it is $13 or $14)- actually I have the one I just ordered on my desk still and the box says "Eye Lite Eye Base" and Mavala Switzerland at the bottom.

It comes in a tube and is .3oz or 10ml.

-the instructions actually say "apply to eyelids and eye contour before using make-up".

For those who received a sample of Fearless, did it have a pink sheen to it, or did I contaminate my sample?  I'm really liking the shimmer I'm picking up, but since this was a preview, there is no shade description, so I'm not sure whether I'm seeing what was intended or if there was carryover on the brush I was using.

(Chivalrous is going into my autumn box.  Terra cotta just isn't a color I can handle any time other than October.  And *maybe* November.  But definitely not spring/summer.)

For those who received a sample of Fearless, did it have a pink sheen to it, or did I contaminate my sample?  I'm really liking the shimmer I'm picking up, but since this was a preview, there is no shade description, so I'm not sure whether I'm seeing what was intended or if there was carryover on the brush I was using.

(Chivalrous is going into my autumn box.  Terra cotta just isn't a color I can handle any time other than October.  And *maybe* November.  But definitely not spring/summer.)
Mine seems to have just the tiniest bit of shimmer, barely detectable. Pretty color!

Me too! I'm superdupes excited...my first order with them!
I've ordered a bunch of samples and loved them so I'm excited to get more. Although with my ADD with eye shadow colors, maybe its a good thing I buy samples. Lol I never use any of them up except for one UD shade in my naked 2 palette.

In case anyone was wondering, the blush from May mixed with a little clear lip gloss (in this case, B&BW Mentha Supreme 2x).
The shimmer comes out more in gloss. I might like it even better as gloss than as blush!

In case anyone was wondering, the blush from May mixed with a little clear lip gloss (in this case, B&BW Mentha Supreme 2x).
The shimmer comes out more in gloss. I might like it even better as gloss than as blush!
Genius idea! I think I'm going to try this tomorrow! It looks very pretty this way.

Back