Glasses and eye makeup

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
that happens to me too ! that's why i'm trying to curl my lashes (without using the curlers, my nightmare stuff)

i hate that glasses still have the stigma of 'frumpy'...when i wear my glasses (i only have mild astigmatism, so i dont really wear them faithfully), i wear MORE eye makeup because i still want to look cute under my glasses :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

When I wear my glasses (which, now that I'm out of lenses, is all the time) I usually go a little heavier on the makeup. The way my prescription is, my eyes tend to look a little smaller behind them, so going heavy is my way to counteract that.

Plus, you can get away with a LOT more due to glasses creating natural shadows on your face! Meaning that bright, terrifying lime green that you may be too scared to wear otherwise may look quite a bit more toned down with glasses!

I can't wear contacts so I have to wear glasses every day. I don't do my makeup any differently than I would if I could wear contacts -- if anything, I were LESS eye makeup. Too much eye makeup just makes my small eyes look smaller, and of course glasses do nothing to help make my eyes look bigger, either. Besides, glasses can kind of shadow your eyes, so I wouldn't want to make my eyes look even more shadowed with dark e/s....

The best way (I think) to bring out my eyes when wearing glasses is to wear a light or neutral shadow (perhaps a medium shade in the crease, but nothing too dark), eyeliner on the top lid and only the outer 1/3 of the bottom lid, and a good lengthening mascara! (My eyelashes are so short I never have to worry about them touching my lenses!) Or at least, that's what works best for my deep-set small eyes! :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I wear nice bright colors I wear glasses everyday I am also going to get a pair of contacts for swim days and riding my bike

When i wear glasses i dont even bother with eye makeup usually when i have glasses on it means im having a lazy day

I put heavier makeup on with my glasses to make my eyes more noticeable. I avoid the lengthening mascara also.

before i had black rimmed glasses

now they're purple

but i never tend to tone up or down my make-up if i wear or dont or do wear make up

the only thing i hate is sometimes if you take off your glasses and your eyes hurt you want to rub your eyes and that's horrible with make-up on

but that can come without glasses too

I go either way with my glasses - depends on the mood. My fave look though is either a shimmery ivory wash and lots of black black mascara OR a very intense periwinkle (purpley blue) smokey eye with black liner.

btw, my glasses are narrow, rectangular lenses (bi-focals, even!!) in orange frames. I love them!

I hardly ever wear eye makeup with my glasses, but when I do, I do tend to make emphasize my eyes more.

be careful because you can't use them in the swimming pool. but on the beach (with no wind) it's really great.

My glasses have no frames, so I think that wearing eye make up really suits it. It can say that we are smart, yet sexy!

Mine are cat eye and totally suit me

the ones in the pic are my old messed up pair soon a new pic with my new glasses I forked over 400 for

Back