Glitter help

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
what's the difference between glitter that you but in makeup stores and the one you buy in craft stores?

i just bought 4 diffeerent colours from a creaft storwe and was wondering if ti is ok to use them on the eye?

I don't think any glitter is recommended for the eye. However if you are going to use it, I highly suggest that you use an eyeshadow base and mix the glitter into a mixing medium, so it will stay on the eye, and not get in the eye.

You do not however want to use the glitter in any form on your waterline!!

Cosmetic glitter is processed in a different manner so that if it goes in your eye, it will not cut your eyeball. You can take the two and compare the texture and you will see that there is an obvious difference.

Wet and wild makes a glitter and its 1.00 and I use it on my eyes. Ben Nye also makes a glitter and i use it on my eyes also its not loose though more liquid I love it.

I also have the WnW glitter and it's great. They have a bunch of different colors and textures and you can mix it with your eyeshadow, lip gloss, blush...you can even put it in your hair with a little hairspray.

isn't craftstore glitter made out of glass?? or something like it?

i think i'd be scared to hurt my eyes with the glitter that isn't made for makeup..

If you really want to use glitter, look at using some made by WnW, MAC, or some of the MMU companies have safe glitter for the eyes. You can also use my suggestions from my earlier post on applying them.

No, definitely do NOT use craft store glitter around your eyes. The particles are made of metal and glass which can scratch your cornea and possibly cause blindness. I went to Sally Beauty Supply and bought some Sally Girl Glitter Effects, it says that it is "sort of" eye safe, to use caution when applying around the eye area. The way I use it is, I take some Duo Eyelash Adhesive (the clear/white one), mix glitter into it and take an old brush and paint it onto my eyelids. Really pretty.
smile.gif

So, your best bet is to use a cosmetic company glitter, the risk is cut down greatly of problems.

Aprill and Kristie are right. I believe a few cosmetic companies create "eye-safe" glitter and those are the only ones you should use. I have gotten craft glitter in my hair and I am telling you it lodges in your scalp and will NOT leave!! Imagine what it could do to your eye.

yup ! keep the glitters for fancy postcards and such, cosmetic glitters are safer. not mentioning i'm sure Ben Nye or the other brands have a wider range of colors.

Originally Posted by StereoXGirl /img/forum/go_quote.gif NO, don't use craft store glitter around your eye! It will cut your eye! Hi,
That's right.
icon14.gif
Doesn't some of the craft store glitter contain glass? If it's not clearly labeled that it can be used around the eye area, I won't use it.

Originally Posted by StereoXGirl /img/forum/go_quote.gif NO, don't use craft store glitter around your eye! It will cut your eye! I was gonna say that!
Child, google these things, and stop scaring me!

Originally Posted by angellove /img/forum/go_quote.gif what's the difference between glitter that you but in makeup stores and the one you buy in craft stores?
i just bought 4 diffeerent colours from a creaft storwe and was wondering if ti is ok to use them on the eye?

No no no. Do not use this on the face, or ever anywhere near the eyes. This is aluminum + other metallic agents to color the glitter. This is not the exact same material as cosmetic glitter, it has not been approved for cosmetic use. It will scratch up your corneas, and at the very least give you irritation and tear duct problems if it gets in your eyes.

Latest posts

Back