GlobeIn Artisan box - so excited!

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm really excited about the mosquito repellent!  I hope it works.  I've tried a million different products and none of them really work except for Deep Woods Off...which stinks!

This morning I found an email with full spoilers for the July GlobeIn. It only had pictures, though, no write-up (and I looked around for some descriptions but could not find any). Their Facebook page says they're mailing on the 15th.

Wander2.jpgWander1.jpg

This morning I found an email with full spoilers for the July GlobeIn. It only had pictures, though, no write-up (and I looked around for some descriptions but could not find any). Their Facebook page says they're mailing on the 15th.

ohhh, looks like a

a notebook will be part of this!!

here is the list

handloomed Drawstring Backpack by ApiHappi (Sri Lanka)
 Elephant Travel Journal by Mr. Ellie Pooh (Sri Lanka)
 Moringa Bar by Kuli Kuli (Ghana)
  Palm Leaf Basket by GlobeIn Artisan Cooperative (Mexico)
  Shea Mosquito Repellent by Lulu Life (South Sudan)

I received my July GlobeIn today and I love it! Photo and comments behind the spoiler tag.

GlobeInJuly.jpg

1: My Apihappi drawstring backpack is a lovely tweedy shade of maroon. I was surprised to see an inner zipper compartment for organizing small items!

2: The Lulu Life natural mosquito repellent is made of shea oil. It is smooth and not heavily oily, and has a light eucalyptus scent. I hope it keeps the mosquitoes away, they usually make a bee-line for me!

3: The "Elephant Travel Journal" is spiral bound. There are 50 pages of hand-made paper and a heavier cardboard cover, and the surprise (to me) is that the paper is made from... elephant dung! The artisans boil and sanitize it, then make it into pulp for the paper, which is said to be "acid free". It's a very good size for notes while traveling.

4: The Kuli Kuli snack bar is crunchy almond and I'm going to go research "moringa" so I learn more about this so-called superfood.

5: My palm leaf basket this month is round and with red accents (unlike the square-ish one with purple accents I got for my first basket in June).

I'm hoping some of these products will show up for sale in their marketplace! Seriously pleased about this assortment.

I am still waiting on mine.  This will be my last month with them, but I will probably pick up a box now and then if the unboxing looks good.  This month is excellent so I am glad I am going out with a good feeling about them

The theme for the August Artisan box has been announced: Laundry!

GlobeInAug.png

"Typically, most of us consider the laundry to be a drag. But what if it were an indulgence? The products in this month's kit invite you to reconnect with a sense of gratitude at the joy of washing, to think of the laundry as a small, daily ceremony of renewal in harmony with the environment and echoing with the traditions of earth-centered livelihoods around the world."

will include a service to pick up my clothes and clean them?  hahaha

sounds really nice - I am now longer on a monthly sub with them (I will pick one up here and there if it looks good), but I am interested in seeing the items!

There are 2 spoilers available now for the August "Laundry" box. I am really excited about both of them, this is my third GlobeIn and I'm finding it such a rewarding subscription box! Pictures and descriptions inside the spoiler tag.

LaundryBag.jpg

These extra-large (22.5 x 21.5 in) laundry bags are made from recycled cement bags by artisans of Peace Handicrafts, the organization that trains and employs disabled, deaf, and underprivileged persons in Cambodia.

WoolLaundryBalls.jpg
Wool dryer balls are a chemical-free and eco-friendly alternative to dryer sheets and liquid fabric softener as they decrease drying time and naturally soften your clothes. Just toss them in with your clothes for more softness on the other side!
These dryer balls were handmade exclusively for GlobeIn’s customers in Kyrgyzstan, where wool is a way of life. (The country is world-famous for its shyrdak felt rugs.) The wool balls were made by artisans of Altyn Kol Women’s Cooperative. The cooperative employs over 1,000 craftswomen and serves as one of few sources of cash income available to the region’s remote farming and shepherding villages.

I'm really excited about the mosquito repellent!  I hope it works.  I've tried a million different products and none of them really work except for Deep Woods Off...which stinks!
Just wanted to update on this.  The repellent is great!  I love the scent and how moisturizing it is  and it really does work!  

As for the August box, I'm stoked.  I have a septic system and fabric softener is a huge no no.  I also don't like dyer sheets because they seem so wasteful.  I have been using vinegar in the wash and it does help soften the laundry, but these dryer balls seem like they are going to be perfect.  I don't have much need for a laundry bag, but this will be perfect to store all my yarn.  I really do like this subscription!

Full spoilers are here!

~Wool Dryer Balls (Set of 3) – Kyrgyzstan (GlobeIn) ($15)
~Organic Cotton Bag (packaging for wool balls) – India (HAE Now) (colors will vary) ($2.50)
~Upcycled Laundry Bag – Cambodia (Peace Handicrafts) ($25)
~Soap Nuts Sampler – Nepal (Green Virgin Products) ($2)
~Palm Leaf Basket – Mexico (GlobeIn) ($12)

Looks great!  

September is wellness

2 spoilers - I probably will sub to get this month, as it looks really good so far

Each Wellness Box will come with a Blessing Bag handmade by women artisans in Ghana!
($12 retail, colors will vary).

This multi-purpose zip case allows you to keep your essentials together without losing them in the depths of your purse or tote. Use it for makeup, first-aid essentials, or as a wallet! The Blessing Bag will hold it all. The inside of the bag is lined with recycled water sachets that protect it from spills and stains.

The organization behind the product might be familiar to some of our customers: A Ban Against Neglect (ABAN).

"Every night, scores of homeless sleep on the streets of Accra, Ghana, most of them young mothers under the age of 20. ABAN’s Women’s Empowerment Program trains women in skills such as sewing and fashion design, while preparing them to nurture their children, care for their environment, and launch their own businesses."

ABAN.JPG

The Spoiler: Each Wellness Box will come with a handmade herbal eye pillow (Peru).
Price: $13

"Ease your runway into deeper sleep with an air of lavender from your herbal eye pillow.

Your eye pillow comes from deep inside the Amazon jungle and resonates with the cosmic awareness of its makers, a people known as the Shipibo. Despite increasing contact with the developed world, the Shipibo remain steeped in the spiritual environment of their ancestors, whose ancient geometric designs function as channels connecting the physical and spirit worlds.

Meandering rivers, star paths, the very veins of the universe repeat for all eternity across the facets of our being and the patterns of your hand-woven cotton pillow. The cotton has been dyed in mahogany bark and painted using a piece of bamboo dipped in the juice of the huito berry, a jungle fruit."

GLOBEIN_SEPTEMBER_MARIANNAJAMADI-60.jpg

third spoiler for the box

The Spoiler: Each Wellness Box will come with Fair Trade Baobab Powder (Benin).
11.5 ounce resealable pouch. Price: $10

There are many reasons why the baobab tree is known in Africa as the tree of life. Its fruit is a superfruit—delicious and nutrient-dense, packed with antioxidants, vitamin C, probiotics, and calcium, just to name a few. Increase your nutrient intake (and your food’s flavor) by adding the powder to smoothies, fruit, cereal, sauces, soups, and baking.

For the women of the Atacora Fair Partnership Co-op, who produced your baobab powder, the baobab also provides financial sustenance. Dominated by subsistence agriculture, the Atacora region has a weak cash economy. The supplemental income women earn through the co-op grants them access to vital services that require cash, such as quality healthcare and clothing.

GLOBEIN_SEPTEMBER_MARIANNAJAMADI-53.jpg

These spoilers look really good! I might need to get this box. I really don't need another box but this looks to be so different and I like the charity aspect of this box.

I've received 3 GlobeIn boxes now and I truly love this subscription, it is getting better by the month. All of the items are well chosen and I find myself reaching for the items again and again. And knowing the stories behind the people (mostly women) who created them and how the purchase helps improve their lives makes them even more wonderful. 

So yes, I recommend this small wonderful subscription wholeheartedly. Bravo, GlobeIn, keep up the great work!

Back