Glossybox - April 2013

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Originally Posted by page5 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Glad it worked for you! Wouldn't you have had waves anyway from the braids?
I have super straight hair too and braiding doesn't work for me. My hair will be wavy for about an hour, then the waves fall out and it's straight again. Looking forward to trying this, but don't have very much confidence. 
icon_sad.gif

The Boho spray doesn't work for my hair, either. I have thin, straight hair, and all it does is make my hair feel like straw and make it look like I slept on it. Not the best look. I have also used Bumble and Bumble surf spray -- my stylist actually valiantly tried to create waves in my hair (my hair has attitude, it will kink from a ponytail in 10 seconds and stay creased all day, but it won't hold a curl unless I use dry shampoo haha) using the B&B product, but nope. I had one large almost wave and it just looked stupid. It does provide a nice texture for an updo if you combine it with B&B thickening hairspray, though.

Got my box. Got the blush in Brillance and the lip balm in Purely Simple.  Not sure if I will be keeping the blush, will not be keeping the wash.  I am not a fan of mint and tried to pawn it off on my husband but he said no! Lol  Also while the wash had not exploded it is not very full.  Hard to tell since the bottle and liquid inside it are dark!  My dog is intrigued by the scent!

Got my box as well! I received Haute (don't think I can pull this off) and Purely Simple. Overall I'm really happy!

Guys, if you got the Haute blush, try it. I was bummed to get it as well but after putting it on, it actually looks good! Seriously. If you use a light hand, anyway! It looks intimidating, but it is actually quite beautiful.

This is coming from someone about as fair as fair can get - I wear the lightest shade in Urban Decay foundation and am a red head. So yessss, pale! And it still looked very pretty. It put some color in my skin, lol. I was glooooowing! I love the haute color! :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> Which is weird because I thought I'd hate it...

Guys, if you got the Haute blush, try it. I was bummed to get it as well but after putting it on, it actually looks good! Seriously. If you use a light hand, anyway! It looks intimidating, but it is actually quite beautiful. This is coming from someone about as fair as fair can get - I wear the lightest shade in Urban Decay foundation and am a red head. So yessss, pale! And it still looked very pretty. It put some color in my skin, lol. I was glooooowing! I love the haute color! :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> Which is weird because I thought I'd hate it...
If you don't mind can you swatch it? I'm curious now.

Originally Posted by tasertag /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Quote: Originally Posted by LadyManah /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Guys, if you got the Haute blush, try it. I was bummed to get it as well but after putting it on, it actually looks good! Seriously. If you use a light hand, anyway! It looks intimidating, but it is actually quite beautiful.

This is coming from someone about as fair as fair can get - I wear the lightest shade in Urban Decay foundation and am a red head. So yessss, pale! And it still looked very pretty. It put some color in my skin, lol. I was glooooowing! I love the haute color!
biggrin.gif
Which is weird because I thought I'd hate it...
If you don't mind can you swatch it? I'm curious now.

If you go to CheshireCookie's post on this page, I think she posted a swatch, and she definitely did in her blog (which is linked in her signature I think)

Originally Posted by LadyManah /img/forum/go_quote.gif

This is coming from someone about as fair as fair can get - I wear the lightest shade in Urban Decay foundation and am a red head. So yessss, pale! And it still looked very pretty. It put some color in my skin, lol. I was glooooowing! I love the haute color! :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> Which is weird because I thought I'd hate it...
Good to know! Perhaps I will give it a go :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I just tried Haute for the third and final time. Brown blush is not attractive on me no matter how lightly I apply.

Here's hoping May has more univerally flattering shades in any color products ;-)

Originally Posted by LadyManah /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Same here! I received it too and was skeptical at first but I tried it and it's really quite nice! I posted a pic earlier with me wearing it if anyone is curious what it looks like on. And I'm QUITE PALE too!

Originally Posted by yousoldtheworld /img/forum/go_quote.gif

If you go to CheshireCookie's post on this page, I think she posted a swatch, and she definitely did in her blog (which is linked in her signature I think)
Yes indeed! I swatched it in a bright room light, daylight and then I took a pic with it on my face
smile.gif
Thanks girl!

Originally Posted by EmJay /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Same thing happened to me. :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> There was not a drop in the bottle, it was all in the box and all over everything. Made me so upset, I was really happy to finally have my box and I open it and it's in a giant mess. 
I tried contacting GB CS on Saturday, but haven't heard a thing back from them. Boooo.

I have awaken but it just doesn't work for me. I wish I had lovely instead. If there's anyone else out there with lovely please let me know.

Has anyone gotten the fourth shade, Brilliance? Its a light baby pink with what looks like a goldish sheen? I haven't seen anyone post about that color yet.. curious if it was an option.

Originally Posted by MzKayleeJames /img/forum/go_quote.gif
My shipping hasn't updated since being in Indiana on 4/24. It FINALLY made it to Ohio and it should be in my box tomorrow!

GAHHHH! I'm dying! Tomorrow is gonna be like Christmas, I seriously doubt I'll sleep tonight! I just checked all of my shipping info and I'll be getting Glossybox, QVC New Beauty Testtube, Allure Beauty Box, and if I'm lucky (if not then Wednesday) my Dr Dennis Gross QVC order with the Beauty with Benefits gift bag filled with a crap load of goodies. AHHhHh! The postman and UPS guys are gonna be like WTF lady?!

And Sephora had the nerve to just send me an email telling me I'm $6 away from VIB status for this year....
That's a lot of goodies enjoy!

Originally Posted by yousoldtheworld /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I finally got my box! The bad news is, my body wash leaked out. The good news is that it didn't ruin anything and I was able to clean everything up.

I got the blush in Awaken (the orangey pink color, kind of an apricot). I'm happy with this, I don't have a shade like it, and I have so many pinks!

The lip balm in orange vanilla (what I was hoping for!)

and I used the Zoya code and got Tracie (Faded, yellow-toned pistachio green with delicate silvery shimmer for a frosted pearl finish)

Awaken...it's a pretty color!

Tracie...I like green!

Everything together after I cleaned the body wash off of everything...

I am a lot happier with this box than I expected to be, honestly. I'm iffy about the beach spray, and I already have a bottle by Bumble and Bumble that I haven't figured out how to use, but I'll try it. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />
So pretty!

Originally Posted by MaiteS /img/forum/go_quote.gif

the may thread has been started! there is also a spoiler up over there! they announced an item for the May box on FB.
Thanks for the update!

My thoughts on the items:  Is it safe to go w/o spoiler?

• Awaken is amazing.  I love it, it works so well with my skin tone. I want more!
  • Wash with Joe didn't give me tingles, meh it's ok. If you like minty body washes try the C.O. Bigelow Mint products at Bath and Body Works.  Now that's a tingle!  
  • Beachy wave spray: tried it today and my coworker said I looked like I rolled out of bed.  Hmm not sure that's the look it was intended to give.  
    icon_rolleyes.gif
  • Lip balm is pretty much lip balm.  Useful, feels nice on but just another lip balm to me.
  • Tea bag is for sale on eBay.  I won't use it, I'm sure it's wonderful.  

Latest posts

Back