Glossybox July 2016 **Spoilers**

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm pretty surprised that the usual bloggers (MSA, RoaSM, etc.) haven't posted a review of this month's box. I wonder if they aren't getting "early boxes sent for review purposes" anymore?

Anyway, I got shipping notice for my box today. I'm really curious to see what's in it! There have been 5 spoilers released (eyeko stick, Nuxe shimmer oil, Fango sheet mask, nail polish dry spray, and glov-on-the-go), but I don't know if there are variations or not...

I'm pretty surprised that the usual bloggers (MSA, RoaSM, etc.) haven't posted a review of this month's box. I wonder if they aren't getting "early boxes sent for review purposes" anymore?

Anyway, I got shipping notice for my box today. I'm really curious to see what's in it! There have been 5 spoilers released (eyeko stick, Nuxe shimmer oil, Fango sheet mask, nail polish dry spray, and glov-on-the-go), but I don't know if there are variations or not...
.                                                       I got my shipping notice today too :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />                                                             Last month, MSA  came out with full spoilers well before the boxes started hitting the mailboxes, but I never saw an actual review of the box with est. values. I hope it is not a trend.

There's finally a box posted under the #glossyboxus tag on Instagram. It looks like the last item is a Vichy water spray. I hope there are variations on that.
That box had Tree Hut shaving oil instead of the Nuxe shimmer oil too. I would be disappointed if I received that variation. The Nuxe is the item from spoilers I'm most looking forward to.

That box had Tree Hut shaving oil instead of the Nuxe shimmer oil too. I would be disappointed if I received that variation. The Nuxe is the item from spoilers I'm most looking forward to.
If you get Tree Hut and I get Nuxe, I would trade :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> I love Nuxe products but I doubt I would use a shimmer oil. I would definitely use a shaving oil though. 

I got the Tree Hut, and I dunno, while I think I may have liked the shimmer oil as a product more, this does smell amazingly coconut lime, which has been my goto for hair/body care fragrance this summer, though, so I am about to give a whirl.. :lol:

Love the lavender arnica sheet mask, the nail spray, the eyeko is a lovely neutral taupe color, the makeup remover great for travel and the spa water interesting and indulgent (nothing I'd buy, wonderfully luxurious for poolside glam B) ) 

Overall, it felt like a good summer box to me, so I am happy. 

I really love this box! The Tree Hut shaving lotion smells wonderful and the size is great. The mask will be great to use and the eyeko is neutral enough that can go with any thing.  This is my favorite box from them in over a year.

I got my box! But uh um nail polish again?!?

image.jpeg

Not just any nail polish, black nail polish from sinful. Ugh

Oh and this was on the back of the card, a sneak peek for August.

image.jpeg

It's a mascara remover.

image.jpeg

I saw that someone on facebook got a melted lipstick, and someone else got a vichy water.  They must be just throwing random leftover things as the 6th item in the box.  A black polish?  What a letdown!

I really need to read. My polish isn't black, it's clear. It's a top coat. It's just a black bottle.

I just opened it and was expecting a stream of black polish. But it's just plain old super shine top coat. All in all I can't complain I used my dots on this box so it was "free"

image.jpeg

I like it. I hope I get the same variations as you.

I am actually hoping I get 2 boxes, but I am not sure how that works. I have a year sub and called last month to use my glossydots on a July box. If I am correct, if you have a monthly sub, you just get that month's box free, but if you have a year prepaid sub you get a 2nd box. Has anyone else done this that can verify that? 

Got my box today. Got the same items as above but I got the Kylie Jenner nail polish in Kommando which says it's a "step one" whatever that means. It's an ugly pinky beige color.

I'm pretty upset.  The ads Glossybox put out for July said that this month's box would be worth $95+.  How much was my box worth?  $53.  That's a huge difference!  I checked their site and they've now change the ad to say it will be worth $60+ and my box isn't even worth that much!  I was really excited to get the Nuxe shimmer oil.  Of course, I didn't get that.  Did anyone get the Nuxe oil?  And was anyone's box worth $95+?

I'm pretty upset. The ads Glossybox put out for July said that this month's box would be worth $95+. How much was my box worth? $53. That's a huge difference! I checked their site and they've now change the ad to say it will be worth $60+ and my box isn't even worth that much! I was really excited to get the Nuxe shimmer oil. Of course, I didn't get that. Did anyone get the Nuxe oil? And was anyone's box worth $95+?
I did see on Instagram and some blog reviews that people did receive a Nuxe oil, but it doesn't look to be the shimmer one - rather it looks like the same one that went out in the 2015 holiday box. Between Instagram, forums, and blogs, I've seen a lot of variation in products and their subsequent value this month.
My box is due to arrive on Friday, which annoys me a little, since according to tracking it shipped out of PA on July 13. Really? 9 days to get from PA to CT? I'd make a joke about it being shipped via the Pony Express, except it probably would have been faster for an actual horse and rider to make that delivery run. I mean, c'mon!

Last edited by a moderator:
I used the shaving oil last night & I love it!! I think it's my fav GB find to date. The smell reminds me of summer (coco - lime) & everything is silky smooth.

Back