Glossybox - June 2013

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Originally Posted by quene8106 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Quote: Originally Posted by OiiO /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Is it wrong that the reason I subscribed is because I think the actual pink box with the new Glossygirl mascot is super cute?
I do the same thing too.  I'm a sucker for cute packaging too!

Me too.

I have that Tarte lipstick and really like it.  It goes on smooth and feels good on your lips.  It doesnt last forever.  But then again only half of it is really a lipstick the other half is a lip conditioner.  The case is a harder cardboard.  Kind of like the containers from the Balm.  It isn't that bad.

Originally Posted by Clackey /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I have that Tarte lipstick and really like it.  It goes on smooth and feels good on your lips.  It doesnt last forever.  But then again only half of it is really a lipstick the other half is a lip conditioner.  The case is a harder cardboard.  Kind of like the containers from the Balm.  It isn't that bad.
That sounds nice. I'm excited about it! I hope all the boxes get it.

Not sure if anyone posted yet- June box for only $10- First step you have to be a subscriber- gifts are $15- go through ebates- save $2.75- & use code GBGift for 15% off- comes out to basically $10. You should be able to also use the code as a subscriber to save 15%- I know some have been looking for codes.

Not sure if anyone posted yet- June box for only $10- First step you have to be a subscriber- gifts are $15- go through ebates- save $2.75- & use code GBGift for 15% off- comes out to basically $10. You should be able to also use the code as a subscriber to save 15%- I know some have been looking for codes.
Thanks for posting!

After being with GB since September, I cancelled last month after the disappointing May box.

I had encouraged several friends to sign on for GB (without referring them) when I first started.

I was new to subs and was overly excited..."Oh you MUST do this, it's like getting a present every month...! Really great brands and sizes"

Yeah right.

Three of them purchased year subscriptions due to my reco and now are stuck with it

I feel sooo badly and embarrassed actually. The past few boxes have really gone down hill.

Those tiny foil packets of body lotion were an insult. The whole box was junk. And it was only emphasized by the "This is our 1 year Anniversary celebration box" card that came with it. I guess we all have our breaking point and the May box was it for me.

Then I saw all the spoilers for June and thought I may have to resub. But now I am not that sure....

The first spoiler email was not an incentive for me. I don't like perfume samples, so packaging them in a pouch and giving me 6 of them, is just more of what I don't like.

It reminds me of the old joke,

Person 1: "This cake tastes AWFUL"

Person 2: "Yeah, and the portion is too small"

I do like the other spoiler though. Alot.

Originally Posted by LisaLeah /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I do like the other spoiler though. Alot.
That one is actually tempting me, but then I remember January (which I received in February).  They promoted the hell out of the tarte and Vincent Longo red lipsticks, but a lot of people who signed up based entirely on that item didn't receive either one and instead ended up with lip gloss or blush.

Originally Posted by meaganola /img/forum/go_quote.gif

That one is actually tempting me, but then I remember January (which I received in February).  They promoted the hell out of the tarte and Vincent Longo red lipsticks, but a lot of people who signed up based entirely on that item didn't receive either one and instead ended up with lip gloss or blush.
Totally! You are SO RIGHT! Then factor in that even if you got the product you wanted, you didn't get it in the shade you wanted.

The T product comes in two shades this month. I would only be happy with the one for fair/light complexions.

I love the Starlooks TenderGloss btw. It seems to do the same kind of thing. I am tempted to get another April StarBox,

just to get another TenderGloss in Basic. (It's been since discontinued and is now re-packaged in the shade Luv).

Also don't know if you got the Allure Beauty Box but the Neutrogena Healthy Blush is amazeballs!

At this point I would be mostly getting the box for the box.

Originally Posted by Starlet /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Quote: Originally Posted by Shauna999 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Thanks for posting!

ZoomButt.gif

ZoomButt.gif

That's some pretty sweet math there!  

Might get it  for my little sister for her B-day in July!  She loves anything green, I hope that one of the boxes will have green nail polish for her!  It'll make a nice present coming from someone who's on a budget!  

ZoomButt.gif

Originally Posted by Shauna999 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
You are awesome! I was on the fence but now I might just hop on to the dark side.. 

One thing I'm worried about is the color of the nail polish I'd be getting.

If we do a gift box now, might we get the previous box instead of the American Beauty?

Originally Posted by HazelC /img/forum/go_quote.gif

If we do a gift box now, might we get the previous box instead of the American Beauty?
I'm pretty sure you'll get the American Beauty box. Whenever I've done a gift sub that person has always gotten the current month's box.

I just went ahead and cancelled.  I've got more samples of things right now than I can go through in months, so I'm going to wait for a while until my supplies run low again and then resub.  I've already been charged for this month's box, so I'm assuming I will receive it and then be cancelled for July.  Do you think that's right?  They won't refund will they?  I hope not, since I would like to get the June box.

Originally Posted by Clackey /img/forum/go_quote.gif

It's nice to actually hear feedback from someone on here. Makes me look forward to it a littl emore.

Well I canceled last month, and have been debating for awhile to get the June box. Then my e-mail said 20% off with code JUNE..so I was forced to resub for this month. Can't wait to see the rest of the products! Loving the Tarte lipstick.

So I got a gift box for my sister and the check out page said something interesting:

Delivery Date (please allow a few more days for West Coast deliveries): You will receive your first GLOSSYBOX Beauty Box in about 8 days (between 6/17/13 and 6/21/13)

Latest posts

Back