Glossybox June 2016 **Spoilers**

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sinful Colors are very cheap, but they're sooooo nice!! I love the colors, and they last forever, longer than my Julep polishes. But I saw the Kylie Jenner ones at Walgreens, I was not a fan of the colors, lots of nudes and things. Although MSA just posted four colors and if those are the ones, they're not bad. I'd hope for the blue one. It seems Glossybox is going downhill very fast. I'd be so mad if I paid $21 for this box rather than like $24 for Boxycharm. 

I did pay $21 for the box, and I cancelled for next month.  One good thing about this box is it is a little different than other sub boxes.  I loved the rituals shower gel last month.  I will resubscribe when there is a deal, but I think $21 is a little steep. I am excited for the face spray.  My skin gets a little shiny when it is hot out and I don't really have a need for face moisturizers in the summer.

I got a mail in my other email address...it says a Sinful Color Nail polish will be included...from Kylie Jenner Collection...Colors will vary...and I think every box will come with one of them.

That was not included in any of the blogger reveals.....
I didn't realize you had already posted about this wen I posted! Sorry!

MSA has the updated box, it seems rather disappointing. I was so excited for the nail polish spray and now it looks like it's not going to be in the box. I just got my tracking number, I wonder if I can still hope I somehow get that spray lol. 

I wonder if the spray will show up in a future box.... but yeah not very impressed with either version. The French box was the last real themed box/"collab" they did I can recall and that one at least had some good stuff going for it despite the incredible discrepancies in curation per box. I got the Guilt deal for my sub but honestly would have cancelled a while back if I was paying full price for these boxes compared to the other beauty subs for less. As soon as my year sub ends and I cash in my free glossydot boxes, I am out of here unless there is a consistent complete 180 in curation in the meantime.

People new to subscription boxes ask for box recommendations and I have been leaving Glossybox off my list I send over lately. Which is funny since according to that article word of mouth seems to be their best marketing tool.

ETA- I wonder if they read this if they will ask me to unsub :p /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Last edited by a moderator:
Here is the spoiler from MSA. It says we'll receive 6 items out of the 8 pictured

glossybox june 2016 spoilers.png

I received my box on Saturday and I received Sebastien Whipped Crème (instead of #1) and I did not have the Vichy item.  The nail color was a pretty light blue.

I got my box today.  

IMG_1348.JPG

The good:

I like tan towels and there are two, that's cool. This really should have been an extra though.

The Caolion masks are really cool but the way they're packed makes them one time use.

The bad:

I'm kinda annoyed. I got this hair spray from them three years ago.  Ugh and the addition of hair oil doesn't improve things in my world since my hair is way to fine for hair oils.

The ugly:

black mascara...boring

red lipgloss....boring 

My polish is just ok, it's called after dark from the denim and bling collection. It's grey with sparkle. It's not what I would call a "pretty color"

I got my box today.

IMG_1348.JPG

The good:

I like tan towels and there are two, that's cool. This really should have been an extra though.

The Caolion masks are really cool but the way they're packed makes them one time use.

The bad:

I'm kinda annoyed. I got this hair spray from them three years ago. Ugh and the addition of hair oil doesn't improve things in my world since my hair is way to fine for hair oils.

The ugly:

black mascara...boring

red lipgloss....boring

My polish is just ok, it's called after dark from the denim and bling collection. It's grey with sparkle. It's not what I would call a "pretty color"
I got the same box. This is definitely my least favorite glossybox ever. I have no use for the hairspray, hair oil, and lip gloss (it's a coral color which I can't wear). The mascara will eventually get used, and I'm intrigued by the masks, and the nail color is nice but I could buy it for $2. There was also no product card. Hopefully next month is better. And I'm so grateful that I only paid $9 for this box. Honestly even that is too much.

Same box here too.  Except my lipstick is "streetwalker" red.  LOL.  No way will I wear that. My polish was a orange-red.  that might work for the holidays.  I would have liked the mouse instead of the hairspray. As said before, need to wait for a special.  this was not a 21 dollar box.

I'd love the street walker red lipgloss lol, I got an awful coral color. My box is so terrible, words can't even express how disappointed I am lol. I just want to be like the person throwing away their June PS box, because it was so "terrible", I want to throw away this GB and never look at it again. The lipgloss is sold for $7 at SEARS! Not worth $18, not even sold on LA Splash's website, it's on sale for $4 on another site. I got a different pore mask than the one shown, the two tan towelettes are a joke, I don't use them anyway and hate seeing them in boxes. The only thing I remotely like is the Sinful nail polish, only because it's a rich, dark blue. Is it worth the $8 I paid for the box? No... it's always like $2 or $3 at CVS or Walgreens. Can't wait for this sub to be over after my Gilt City deal is up. I don't know what happened to GB, but it's consistently getting worse and worse. 

I'd love the street walker red lipgloss lol, I got an awful coral color. My box is so terrible, words can't even express how disappointed I am lol. I just want to be like the person throwing away their June PS box, because it was so "terrible", I want to throw away this GB and never look at it again. The lipgloss is sold for $7 at SEARS! Not worth $18, not even sold on LA Splash's website, it's on sale for $4 on another site. I got a different pore mask than the one shown, the two tan towelettes are a joke, I don't use them anyway and hate seeing them in boxes. The only thing I remotely like is the Sinful nail polish, only because it's a rich, dark blue. Is it worth the $8 I paid for the box? No... it's always like $2 or $3 at CVS or Walgreens. Can't wait for this sub to be over after my Gilt City deal is up. I don't know what happened to GB, but it's consistently getting worse and worse.
Lol I had the same thought about the box. Like, ugh what am I going to do with this stuff?

Not really related to this box- but I was browsing what was new at birchbox and that lemon hair rinse glossy box sent out a few months ago is available for $10 in their shop. So if you loved it and happen to sub to birchbox/have points that is a pretty good deal!

Got my box today, I didn't get any nail polish. I got the hair spray, hair oil and the thermal spray water along with the mascara, lip gloss, tan towels and Caolion pore pack duo masks.

I got mine yesterday too. It had nail polish; a matte, very pale pink. It's pretty and I'll try it. I also got the finishing hairspray as my variety. Tan towels, lip gloss, pore mask (which I tried and the cold one was really uncomfortable the first couple minutes, but I liked the results), and the mascara. 

I got a spot corrector instead of a nail polish. I actually am a little excited..last month's Birchbox and this month's Glossy both had items that addressed my 'acne-prone' skin instead of an overly-hydrating moisturizer they assume I need because I'm an old. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Back