Glossybox November 2014 **Spoilers**

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Not sure this is a spoiler or not, but maybe something to look for in upcoming boxes:

http://sbpress.com/2014/10/generation-y-not-making-bank-before-b-a/

Isaac Doustar scrolled through his Facebook newsfeed when Buzzfeed’s “This Woman Had Her Face Photoshopped In Over 25 Countries To Examine Global Beauty Standards” lit his screen.

He immediately copied the link and sent it to Stony Brook alum, Bash Naran.

“Dude, this is what Doucce does—we’re an international [cosmetics] brand. That’s our niche,” Doustar furiously texted in the middle of reps at the campus recreation center.

Naran suggested that Doucce hold an event showcasing their own international spread.

The “Discover Your Individuality” event is set to launch in February.

Doustar started at the company founded by his father, Moe Doustar, in 2001 in the warehouse. a few years later he was named COO—one step from CEO, which he hopes to alleviate his father from in five years. [...]

His deal with Glossybox, a subscription service for cosmetics and skincare products, closed earlier in the month.

Fourth month with GB, third bottle of pink nail polish. Boo.
I had totally forgotten about that Spa Rituals pink polish.  Womp womp.  

To be fair I did receive 4 September boxes (not quite on purpose) and they were split 50/50 with red and pink Essie.  

Of course with my luck one of my mystery boxes will be September.  Womp womp WOMP!

Was able to do my surveys for points today.

Glossybox still needs to work on these.  There was only one with 36-30 and 36-40 as age choices, so kudos to them for fixing that (mostly).  But there was a list of magazines and it required an answer as to which one(s) I read regularly.  But "none of the above" was not an option so I had to just lie and pick one to move on.  Also there was a question on the Tarte lip product survey that said "How much do you like the following brands" with 1-5 as answer choices and NO BRANDS LISTED.  They should probably have a native English speaker proofread the surveys, too, because some of the questions don't really make sense ("trial" is not a verb...), grammatically speaking.  There were a couple of bizarre questions where I was asked what my favorite brands were.  There were 5 blank boxes.  But you had to click the little circular radio button next to a box, which meant you could only type in one box?  It wasn't clear.  I ended up making a long list in the first box and I'll let them sort it out.  If they even look at the answers.

Was able to do my surveys for points today.

Glossybox still needs to work on these.  There was only one with 36-30 and 36-40 as age choices, so kudos to them for fixing that (mostly).  But there was a list of magazines and it required an answer as to which one(s) I read regularly.  But "none of the above" was not an option so I had to just lie and pick one to move on.  Also there was a question on the Tarte lip product survey that said "How much do you like the following brands" with 1-5 as answer choices and NO BRANDS LISTED.  They should probably have a native English speaker proofread the surveys, too, because some of the questions don't really make sense ("trial" is not a verb...), grammatically speaking.  There were a couple of bizarre questions where I was asked what my favorite brands were.  There were 5 blank boxes.  But you had to click the little circular radio button next to a box, which meant you could only type in one box?  It wasn't clear.  I ended up making a long list in the first box and I'll let them sort it out.  If they even look at the answers.
I was annoyed by the questions, too.  I'm a stickler for grammar (and yes, I make mistakes so I don't preach it), but I was so confused by the flow of the surveys that I kept wishing that I'd waited until I was awake to take them.  They make me tired.   :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Two more items revealed.

image.jpg

Two more items revealed.

image.jpg
Can the beauty boxes stop with the black eyeliner? I'm so bored with them...it's the only color I don't wear. The Burts Bees sounds okay. It's an item I think most people can easily pick up at most stores, but I haven't tried this particular product with them, so it's a win.

Definitely skipping November even though I kind of wanted that Alex and Ani bracelet...

ALmost a full spoiler box...just one mystery item left.

I pretty much can't use anything but liquid eyeliner, I have such oily eyelids.  I can't really get excited about black eyeliner and lip gloss, anyway.  If there were two things I could ask for subscriptions never to send me again, those would probably be what I said (plus I am pretty sure I have that exact Burt's Bees product already).  Pale pink nail polish would be a third thing I'd like to never see again.  And I have tried that Juice Beauty product and wasn't thrilled with it (didn't absorb well into my skin).  This is not looking like a happy box for me.  But I paid for a year up front so I just have to grin and bear it, I guess.

Juice Beauty Green Apple Age Defy Moisturizer
OPI GLOSSYBOX color nail polish
Burts Bees Lip Shine
Lollipops Paris Black Kohl Eyeliner

I haven't skipped a month since I started with this box in March.  But, I don't use nail polish and prefer not to use black eyeliner.  So, this may be a skip for the first time.  Let's see what the last spoiler brings.

I was annoyed by the questions, too.  I'm a stickler for grammar (and yes, I make mistakes so I don't preach it), but I was so confused by the flow of the surveys that I kept wishing that I'd waited until I was awake to take them.  They make me tired.   :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />
Just checked the website this morning and still no surveys available for me, will check again tomorrow.  I msged GB on FB.

Eh, the box doesn't seem too great.  I use Benefit's Push Up Liner and I will never go back to other types/brands - I don't think..  Hopefully the last item is an awesome one.  I haven't been this unexcited about a box in a long time.

This bocks looks horrible. I'm pretty sure that pink nail polish will be sheer. Why would I need some non-pigmented Burts Bees lipgloss when I can get it from any WalMart? I hate hate hate eyeliners. I have over 30 of them, all from subscription boxes. I hope they dead that trend! I hate Juice Beauty but I'm willing to give the moisturizer a try. Hopefully it doesn't break me out.

Not excited at all.  Another pink nail polish (in fall/winter), another black eyeliner (yawn), a lip gloss I could by in my local supermarket, and Juice Beauty product (meh).  It may be time for me to cancel.

I am really surprised that they are putting a Burt's Bees lip gloss in this box.  It is a good product and I have lot's of Burt's Bees, but drugstore product is not what I expect from Glossybox.  I don't mind the OPI, I love pink polish, but definitely the wrong time of year for this as well.  I am still excited for this box because I know I will use everything (even another black eyeliner), I just hope the last item is a really good one!

I am actually happy with the spoilers so far.  You can never go wrong with a pink nail polish.  Black eyeliner is a staple for me so it will be used and the packaging for it is adorable.  I love pretty much everything from Burt's Bees and I am sure this lip gloss will be great for the cold months ahead.  I am not a huge fan of Juice Beauty and am up to try new things.  I am just very curious to see what the other item will be and maybe this is a month where we get 6 items?! :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

this is my first glossy box and for $21 I had high hopes, I guess the Alex and Ani will cover the cost but I am still looking forward to these items to add to my collection

Back