Going blonde?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi, I'm thinking about going blonde.. can anyone give me any advice? I don't think I'm going to do it myself.

This is the color I want:

celebrities-fashion-hairstyle.jpg

I currently have faded red/brown hair (brown being my natural).

How many sessions should I expect to do.. and is it a horrible idea to go to one of those beauty schools to get it done? The prices and reviews for the Paul Mitchell school here are pretty good.

I have had amazing results and terrible results from going to beauty schools so that is really up to you. I used to get my hair done in three colors and it only took one trip to the regular salon. It did take a couple of hours to finish though.

To be honest, I am currently a Cosmetology student and I don't recommend you going to any school. After all they are...(we are) only students and (we're) obviously grateful for you coming in and letting (us) EXPERIMENT on you but don't trust (us). Although you could request a student that has the MOST experience!

Ex: ME! I've been coloring and bleaching hair for about 5 years and just started going to beauty school. I would like to brag I can do one hell of a color job. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> 

I went from a faded red to blonde within two sessions. I did it all by myself without anyone's help though..

Anyway, good luck!

(ASH BLONDE)

Definitely spend the money and go to a professional salon.... Especially for the first color treatment. Going blonde is a tricky process!

Go to a pro. I would actually go to a top salon for this type of procedure. My natural color is very dark and pulls lots of red during bleaching. It is very tricky, and I stick with the same person once I find a salon that is able to do it.

Latest posts

Back