Going makeup shopping on Monday for the first time help please! (pics)

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score

...well second time. I'm 15 and I'm going to be a junior when school starts so I've decided to try my hand at wearing makeup but nothing heavy like foundation. I've already brought eyeliner and mascara and lip glosses so I want to buy a tinted moisturizer, concealer (my BFF recommended LA colors mystic concealer stick, is it good?) and some eyeshadows...maybe blush I just don't want to go overboard the idea is to still look natural lol. Any recommendations and nothing too expensive please I have to buy it myself. Oh and also what shade do you think I am in the mystic concealer (color palette: http://www.cherryculture.com/cosmetics/makeup/l.a.-colors/la-colors-mystic-foundation/16490&cat=0&page=1#) and in the tinted moisturizer you recommend? I know I'm asking a lot of questions but I'm a newbie lol

Definitely try a tinted moisturizer for coverage, if it's a concern. Also, ELF is a super awesome brand and waaaay budget friendly! They have gorgeous blushes, which you might go for a brighter or deeper shade to compliment your beautiful skin tone. They also sell makeup brushes and tools, with a price point of $1-$6. They offer makeup palettes for cheap and cream pots you can use as a base for eye make up. Wet N Wild also has some good finds, with their palettes and lippies; budget friendly again. Jordanna makes a fab mascara, and is $2.99 I believe. Maybe you can start with the tinted moisturizer and see if you really need concealer afterward. There's also Milani and Essence for makeup/nail stuff. All those brands can be found at big box stores like Target and WalMart to drugstores like Rite Aid, Walgreen's, and CVS. You can check the Sunday paper for weekly ads; there's usually beauty coupons 1-2x a month and you can find sales. I know a lot of drug stores do buy one, get one 50% off deals that start on Sundays. Good luck and enjoy!

Thanks :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> I think I'm going to buy elf tinted moisturizer SPF 20, all over cover stick, clarifying powder and some pretty eyeshadows also from elf and also the concealer my friend suggested if I don't like the elf one. Is elf powder brush any good? The reviews are kinda mixed

Yes, the brushes are fine, especially since you're just getting started. The Studio Line brushes are the best, IMO. I'd also recommend you have a light hand when applying powder; you're young and so is your skin. Fresh and dewy is a look you can totally pull off. ;) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> Neat trick, apply your powder by rolling it on, not brushing/dusting back and forth. It'll keep your tinted moisturiser and concealer from slipping.

I brought the maybelline fit me among other things today earlier and tested it on my wrist in store to make sure everything was fine then brought it. I just got home about 30 minutes ago and tested it on an acne scar to see if it would cover it good but almost instantly it gave me an itchy sensation so I quickly washed it off, 10 minutes later I still had that feeling and so I washed my face again with this face wash thing for acne and then a few minutes later the itch went away. I'm definitely returning this tomorrow but I was wondering does this sound like an allergic reaction and will it cause a breakout? School starts again for me in 2 days :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />....Otherwise, I brought products that I really like now I just have to pick a new concealer (Is Revlon Colorstay any good?) and I'll be set so thanks for the help :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

It might be, but that doesn't mean you'll break out from it. Definitely just return and try something else. You may want to write down the ingredients, so you can compare with future purchases. There are also lots of threads here in various makeup products and brands. So feel free to use the search option or browse some more threads. There's lots more info, tips and tricks you can find here on MuT! :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I read somewhere that it takes two weeks after trying a new product to see if it causes a breakout, is this true? I'll check to see if anyone else experienced this from fit me and write down the ingredients thanks for the tips. I think it might be the high amount of frangrance in the product that didn't react well with me :/

It doesn't always take 2 weeks. I've used products and broken out within a couple of days and then there was a time when I used a skin care system and didn't break out for 5 weeks but once I started breaking out, there was no saving me. lol.

Originally Posted by Shyshy1224 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I read somewhere that it takes two weeks after trying a new product to see if it causes a breakout, is this true? I'll check to see if anyone else experienced this from fit me and write down the ingredients thanks for the tips. I think it might be the high amount of frangrance in the product that didn't react well with me :/

It doesn't always take 2 weeks. I've used products and broken out within a couple of days and then there was a time when I used a skin care system and didn't break out for 5 weeks but once I started breaking out, there was no saving me. lol.
Idk if that makes me feel any better lol but hopefully theres no harm done from trying the concealer on for a really short period

Latest posts

Back