Going Shampoo less?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I have not tried this combination before, but you could probably just use a sulfate-free shampoo which works really great on cleansing your hair without harsh, hair drying components.

A really great moisturizing sulfate free shampoo is the Ostia Collection shampoo. This shampoo is sulftate-free, paraben-free, and sodium chloride free. It was created for hair extensions, but it does an excellent job on natural hair and does not have the hair damaging/hair drying chemicals that most shampoos do. http://www.amazon.com/Tony-Odisho-Extensions-Collection-Shampoo/dp/B007ZSX9FI (url shortener removed).

Another great product is their dry shampoo so that you do not have to shampoo everyday, but still want clean hair. http://www.amazon.com/Tony-Odisho-Extensions-Collection-Shampoo/dp/B007ZT0S4M/ (url shortener removed).

I have switched to sulfate free, so i can vouch for the greasy part. I haven't tried baking soda.

I just bought a natural, sulfate-free shampoo, that has lots of calming oils and such.  But I used it twice and don't like it.  I think it's probably because it's so different - although all the bottle says is "Use like regular shampoo".  I can't figure out how much to use, or how to tell if I got it to my scalp, and although it's supposed to take the place of both shampoo and conditioner, when I rinse I have a bird's nest.  =(

I've struggled my entire life with acne on my upper back, along with whiteheads on my shoulders and tops of my arms. I've used body washes from all over. From Olay, to LUSH, to Aveeno for sensitive skin... NOTHING would clear up the acne. I was always self conscious to wear tank tops, shirts which had low backs, bathing suits, or sometimes even short sleeves because I would have spots everywhere. I always thought the problem was ME, until I tried Dr. Bronner's castile bar soaps. I actually have avoided looking at my back and shoulders in the mirror after showering because I'm always horrified at what I see, and I pretty much always know what to expect. Acne. And it always threw me into a worse depression. So I started using this soap with a buffing shower sponge and after a couple weeks using it, I went to wring out my hair in the sink and I accidentally caught a glimpse of my back. I automatically went to cringe, when I actually did a double-take... there was NO acne. Anywhere. My skin was even toned, clear, no scarring, no red spots, no acne, no whitehaeds on my shoulders. It was perfectly clean, smooth and beautiful. That day I wore a low-back shirt and brought my hair in front so it draped over my left shoulder. That's how confident I felt and how happy i was that I could show off my back without feeling embarrassment. It's an all-natural soap. I personally love the Lavender, and the Peppermint one the best. I don't break out at all anymore. Harsh, drug store washes are basically detergent. I'm realizing now that THESE are the products which would aggravate my skin. It was the harsh washes full of chemicals that would destroy my skin. I wish I had known about Dr. Bronner's years ago when I was a teenager, but I'm very glad I know about it now. I no longer use anything else. I find the Peppermint wash can be slightly drying, so I follow up with moisturizer, but the Lavender one doesn't do this. Will continue to buy again and again

Latest posts

Back