Good foundation for oily skin?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hey there, I'm looking for a new foundation now my last one (Rimmel Stay Matte) has run out and need some help with a good one to get. After years of trying and failing, Im sick of just buying one in the hope it will be as good as it says. As a teenager, I do suffer from spots and my skin is very oily, and I'm also pale. I ten to use medium coverage but will try new things. If anyone could offer any advice on a decent low price foundation I would be very greatful. Thanks!
icon_redface.gif

I suffer from the same issues; oily, fair, and sometimes a little sensitive skin.

Store Brands I would recommend are Revlon Age Defying foundation (I am 29, but I find it cuts oil well and a little age help won't hurt) or Physicans Formula foundations with their translucent powders as a finisher. (Get the powder it is a GOD SEND)

Kohl's also has a makeup brand in their stores, I believe its called American Beauty.  You can kind of play around with their testers to find which one would for for you.  I think they were about $15 bucks.  I thought the quality was pretty good and kept my face matte.

Higher End - I cannot get enough of Estee Lauder foundations and for only a few bucks more than the store brands.  I really suggest giving them a try.  If you go to the counter you can get a free 7 day sample to try out the product.  So you will know before you buy.

Hope you find what works for you best!  Good luck!

yes,  i agree with divadoll, i used to have oiled skins but after using the mineral foundation ,,, my skin conditions improve a lot

I was pretty impressed with Everyday Minerals's formulation. It goes on smooth and lasted all day.

Hey there, I'm looking for a new foundation now my last one (Rimmel Stay Matte) has run out and need some help with a good one to get. After years of trying and failing, Im sick of just buying one in the hope it will be as good as it says. As a teenager, I do suffer from spots and my skin is very oily, and I'm also pale. I ten to use medium coverage but will try new things. If anyone could offer any advice on a decent low price foundation I would be very greatful. Thanks! :icon_redf
From your description, it seems like Revlon Colorstay would be perfect for you. Long wearing, full coverage, and has really pale shades. However I don't recommend this for everyday use(tried doing that and it left my jaws feeling a little rough), it would still be a lot better if you would take time to conceal the spots (Vichy Dermablend is a good one for this) and just get something sheer for your all over base. If you have the bucks however, and I do recommend investing in a good foundation over anything else in your makeup collection, do check out Estee Lauder Double Wear. I am quite pale, have oily skin, and live in a very humid area - needless to say, this is my HG. Stays put all day, and has a very flawless finish. Linen is also a perfect match for my nc15-20 skin that's very very warm/yellow. I would also recommend using a primer, and having your skincare routine geared towards your oily skin. Hth!

Hey there, I'm looking for a new foundation now my last one (Rimmel Stay Matte) has run out and need some help with a good one to get. After years of trying and failing, Im sick of just buying one in the hope it will be as good as it says. As a teenager, I do suffer from spots and my skin is very oily, and I'm also pale. I ten to use medium coverage but will try new things. If anyone could offer any advice on a decent low price foundation I would be very greatful. Thanks! :icon_redf
From your description, it seems like Revlon Colorstay would be perfect for you. Long wearing, full coverage, and has really pale shades. However I don't recommend this for everyday use(tried doing that and it left my jaws feeling a little rough), it would still be a lot better if you would take time to conceal the spots (Vichy Dermablend is a good one for this) and just get something sheer for your all over base. If you have the bucks however, and I do recommend investing in a good foundation over anything else in your makeup collection, do check out Estee Lauder Double Wear. I am quite pale, have oily skin, and live in a very humid area - needless to say, this is my HG. Stays put all day, and has a very flawless finish. Linen is also a perfect match for my nc15-20 skin that's very very warm/yellow. I would also recommend using a primer, and having your skincare routine geared towards your oily skin. Hth!

Latest posts

Back