Good & Lovely

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This was definitely worth my $13.99. It's a very nice treat, and I purposely won't use any of the stuff in my box until it's time to surf the crimson wave. 
icon_lol.gif
 I'm sure everything I received will brighten up my week. This is another box (much like Love With Food) that uses your money to donate to a good cause. Their website says, "One dollar of every months subscription goes to provide feminine care to women in need." 
heart.gif

I just did the math, the value of the box is about $12 to $14. They don't charge tax (for me at least) or shipping. So it's not a "crazy" deal, you pretty much get exactly your $13.99 worth. If you think of Good & Lovely as a sub with a bunch of things you wouldn't necessarily buy on your own to brighten your week, and a $1 donated to a good cause, you shouldn't be too disappointed. 
smile.gif

I also received my letter before the box thinking they shipped out my box I canceled any further payments on this just in case I forget to cancel later on, I got an email just now saying that they had made a mistake and never shipped out my box, which I placed a delivery date on for today, and that they were going to refund me my money and still ship me my box.

I thought it was nice of them to send an email about it and apologizing for their mistake, even though my box won't be here for the time I need it I can't wait to get it and just use it when I do need it, I'm now thinking since they refunded me to join once more and pay for the next box just to try it for another month to use if I really want/ and is it worth it.

Kinda feel bad because I thought it was my dumb mistake of canceling before it came which made them mess up.

The May 2012 box:

Though I wish this sub would reduce it's price to $10, or even $12 would be better, I still think it's a nice treat during a bad time of the month. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />) I also like that with some of their proceeds they donate to women in need. 

Quote: Ooo that looks nice, what are the tubes? I should be getting mine soon to :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />​
Originally Posted by HelloLeilani /img/forum/go_quote.gif

The May 2012 box:

Though I wish this sub would reduce it's price to $10, or even $12 would be better, I still think it's a nice treat during a bad time of the month. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />) I also like that with some of their proceeds they donate to women in need. 
 ​

The tubes are a shampoo and a conditioner and they smell really good!  I have received two Good and Lovely boxes, and I have liked them both.  I also like that I can select the delivery date each month, and both months the boxes came exactly on time.  I think Good and Lovely is an especially good name for this box because the items are good quality and natural, and it is just a lovely idea to get a box of delightful treats that any female would enjoy, and which emphasize pleasure and self-pampering during a crummy time of the month.

Yes, like Beautyboxgal said they are shampoo and conditioner and they do smell lovely! This is my second G&L box and I've been completely happy with both boxes. The chocolate was sooo yummers!!! Mmmm... 

I'm keeping this sub, LBB, BB, and MyGlam for sure. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />) 

Super intrigued by the Bach stress relief tabs that came June's box.  The ingredient list cracked me up, though I'm skeptical about their effectiveness.  It has great reviews, though, so I'm excited to give it a try!

Originally Posted by MissMonica /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Super intrigued by the Bach stress relief tabs that came June's box.  The ingredient list cracked me up, though I'm skeptical about their effectiveness.  It has great reviews, though, so I'm excited to give it a try!
I want to try them too!  I did NOT like the brownie!!   

This company is REALLY trying hard!! Great CS.

My step mom bought me a subscription to this. I got a melted brownie ( its over 100 degrees here) and the bath fizzy was broken up/.

So, they not only refunded the price of the box, they sent a completely new box, and sent the box of bath fizzies ( 4 to a box) instead of the single.

Also, sent hair care, skin care, all good brands and nice sizes.

Step- mom doesn't know this but I don't need a box related to women's personal care products  but it was very sweet of her.

I highly recommend the box for the quality as well as the CS from what I believe are the owners. Very small start up company.

Thanks,

Laura

Originally Posted by LauraBrooks /img/forum/go_quote.gif

This company is REALLY trying hard!! Great CS.

My step mom bought me a subscription to this. I got a melted brownie ( its over 100 degrees here) and the bath fizzy was broken up/.

So, they not only refunded the price of the box, they sent a completely new box, and sent the box of bath fizzies ( 4 to a box) instead of the single.

Also, sent hair care, skin care, all good brands and nice sizes.

Step- mom doesn't know this but I don't need a box related to women's personal care products  but it was very sweet of her.

I highly recommend the box for the quality as well as the CS from what I believe are the owners. Very small start up company.

Thanks,

Laura
Wow, that's great to hear -- I love when companies have GOOD customer service...it's so hard to come by these days.  Thanks for sharing!

I highly recommend this company as well. I will be resubbing with them next month. I have nothing but positive things to say!

Oh!  My first box was waiting for me when I got home from an unexpected after-work happy hour crawl!  I had requested a delivery date of the 10th, although I'm going to have them move it to the 20th effective next month.  It turns out they're a whopping three miles from me, so it was shipped yesterday, and it's already here.  Contents:

• Dancing Deer chocolate chip cookie (I'm putting this in the freezer as soon as I finish this post.  I want to eat it RIGHT NOW, but that's a bad idea considering how much sugar I already have coursing through my system, and anything in a plastic wrapper down not last long around my kittens)
  • Mighty Leaf iced tea bag in Calypso Mango (I know a lot of people are tired of seeing tea in boxes, but I'm not, especially when it's a fruity tea, and extra-especially when it's a fruity iced tea.  I *love* iced tea!  This is supposed to be enough for a half-gallon of iced tea made the usual way with hot water and ice, but I make my iced tea a little differently -- hot tap water in the fridge -- plus I like it strong, so it will probably be perfect for one quart)
  • Nature's Gate night cream and day cream packets (2.8g each.  Unfortunately, the night cream has avocado, and I can't use things with avocado in them, so I'll just add both of these to the swap list since they're connected packets)
  • Crystal Essence mineral deodorant towelettes in chamomile & green tea (three individually-wrapped packets)
  • alba botanica pure lavender very emollient spf 45 sunscreen (1 oz)
  • And something I find kind of odd given the otherwise hippy-dippy nature (and to me, hippy-dippy is a very good thing and actually one of the main selling points for me) of this service:  A zippered pouch with Always Radiant pantyliner and Infinity pad plus two Tampax tampons.  It's a cute pouch, but I'm pretty sure the whole thing was an Always/Tampax promotional pack, and I would have expected something from Seventh Generation or Luna Pads given the rest of the brands in the box.
And I added on a bottle of Pamprin (which is something else that stuck out to me as something not like the rest of the brands available, now that I think about it), which I'm going to have taken off.  I have a feeling I might have to cancel and rejoin in order to do this, which I'm cool with.  I just didn't realize I already had a bottle of this stuff when I signed up, and I do *not* need a full bottle each month, but I do want to keep the subscription for at least a few more months.

All rightie, my August box arrived Friday, and I'm finally remembering to post about it!  I'll list the contents under a spoiler, and I have pictures at my blog in my signature.  

• Mighty Leaf iced tea in Sunburst Green (one bag, which makes between one quart and a half-gallon depending on how you make iced tea)
  • Nature's Gate lemon verbena cleansing gel and oil-free moisturizer packets for oily skin (mine is usually dry, but I can use this sort of thing during the summer)
  • iChill Relaxation Shot (and I got something like two hours of sleep last night because I could not calm down and just *go to sleep* for some reason, so I will be using this tonight)
  • Dancing Deer Baking Company caramel pecan brownie (this will be going to work with me tomorrow since I somehow miraculously managed to *not* scarf it down the moment I opened the box)
  • deep steep grapefruit-bergamot moisture stick (which I put in the fridge because it was a hundred degrees out when the box arrived.  It's going to be *fantastic* for my hands!)

I believe they are in the process of re-vamping their service, no details have been released yet, but keep an eye on their facebook page.

Back