Goodies.Co February 2013

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I was away for the weekend, but when I got back, my box was waiting for me. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> Below is a pic of what I got in Box 9.

I'm a little disappointed in this box because of all the hype the company's had with the past boxes. I loved the items that were included in those boxes, so this one was a let down, especially since it was my first box. I haven't tried anything just yet, but just going off a first impression when I opened my box. The one item I'm dreading to try is the bacon popcorn.

For one, I don't have a microwave in my house since I'm used to not using one growing up, so I'll have to go to someone else's house to try it. Secondly... I've never understood the concept of bacon flavored anything that's also vegan and vegetarian friendly. It just doesn't sound right... or appealing. I rather have the real thing...

This is box 7 

dsc1616.jpg

Excited to try the margherita pizza chips and not thrilled about banana fruit bar...

I got my box.  It wasn't incredibly impressive, but I always find something that either I or the kids like that is completely unexpected, and that's why I would never cancel Goodies!  My highly picky 3-year-old actually liked the Plentils, and I'm very happy to find something I can give him instead of chips!   We're trying out the cheddar-bacon popcorn today... should be interesting!

I was so excited to receive my first box this month but never received a shipping confirmation... So I checked my account and come to find out, my account is suspended. WTF?! I never suspended it. All is well, no one seems excited about this box.

I got box 7 and OMG, the plentils are so good! I wasn't impressed at first with the box contents (especially the chips ahoy...hate those), but the plentils make up for it. Allergen free for me which is a huge plus!

Box 15, more on my blog. I was not real impressed. The Chick Pz were revolting to me. I like chick peas but they made them disgusting somehow lol. The box seemed too junk foody for my tastes, but I'll give it a few more months as it's so cheap.

Originally Posted by magicalmom /img/forum/go_quote.gif

The Cheddar Bacon Popcorn was a fail...  and it made my whole house smell awful!  
sick.gif
Oh boy...I am about to try them, haha.

Originally Posted by magicalmom /img/forum/go_quote.gif

The Cheddar Bacon Popcorn was a fail...  and it made my whole house smell awful!  
sick.gif
Somehow... that doesn't surprise me. >.< What did it taste like, out of curiosity? Was there any actual bacon flavor or something fake tasting?

The Sesame Crunch Chickpeas and Pizza Plentils were SO good.

Everything else I've had before, so I wasn't that excited for them.

Originally Posted by pengutango /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Somehow... that doesn't surprise me. >.< What did it taste like, out of curiosity? Was there any actual bacon flavor or something fake tasting?
It tasted burnt.  I kept an eagle eye on the microwave when it was popping, and I stopped it after 1 min 20 seconds just because I couldn't take the bacon/fake cheese smell anymore.  My kids would only eat about 10 pieces each, and they are crazy little popcorn fiends!  I tried a tiny bit, and just got hit by supersalty/artificial cheesy/nastiness.

HOWEVER, I am glad that I got to try one pack in a $7 box instead of picking up a whole box on a whim.  The popcorn and chickpeas were just... horrid.

The Plentils, the cookies, the peanut butter, and the yogurt-covered pretzels were all awesome, and I'm totally buying that peanut butter!  And some more Plentils. 

The honey roasted chickpeas tasted like what I imagine sweetened chalk would taste like - yuck. I have made roasted chickpeas several times and we love them but we didn't care for the ones in our box.

The honey roasted chickpeas tasted like what I imagine sweetened chalk would taste like - yuck. I have made roasted chickpeas several times and we love them but we didn't care for the ones in our box.

I got the wai Lana bar, and while I wasn't the biggest fan of my particular flavor (tropical macadamia) I loved that all it had in it was basically just fruit. I think I'm going to look for this in a different flavor. Also I did the math for my particular box and the value was aprox $7.54. Not a great deal

I got my invitation today and signed up, then looked at the estimation of when my first box would arrive: APRIL.
icon_eek.gif
They better not charge me for March's box when I'm not even getting it.

I tried the lentil chips and was shocked. I got the pizza flavored ones and theywere so good. This is my moms first box and I'm kind of embarrassed that I've been raving about it and this is what they send. Still not canceling though

I got box #7. It's my first box and I was pretty disappointed especially after seeing previous months. My husband was excited to try everything out. However the Wai Lana bar was gross. Hopefully he'll like the other items in the box.

I loved the plentils, which was quite the surprise since I really didn't know what to think when I saw that there were lentil chips in this box. I liked the Wai Lana bar (got tropical macadamia), though not gonna lie, it didn't look appetizing to me. The yogurt pretzels weren't anything new, but they tasted fine. Haven't tried the rest yet.

Latest posts

Back