Grocery bills

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
umm for 2 people, i try to buy a lot of off brand products & clip coupons..i get like $100 in food stamps a month but it doesn't last soo i'd say $200.

My family of 4 for groceries is approx 690 (thats my budget haha I dont know why I dont round it to 700 but yea)..I buy alot of bulk, organic and free range which can be pricey. I sometimes go a bit under,or alot over haha, all depends on a month to month basis.

my mom spends about $100-150 a week on groceries for a family of 4

It varies. There ae weeks where I need to buy staples like sugar and flour. My wife bought meat and poultry with a meat plan. I'd love to get the fish plan but haven't seen one. One thing I notice is how expensive food costs.

Gennee

For 2 ppl, $300+ a month. And that depends on what we get/where we shop. Whether we splurge and go organic, or go to Walmart...

I spend a little over $100/month and it's only me. I'm really cheap so I study the grocery store sales papers every Sunday and go for the best deals. The down side to that is I find myself constantly going back to the store because I forgot to get something because it wasn't on sale.

I think our family of 4 is still costing about $400/month. Working at a grocery store - though I rarely work the register anymore - I've seen some very high bills, and time after time, I hear "And I didn't even buy anything!"
rolleyes.gif

One of my favorites was about 6 months ago: Our store had it's semi-annual meat sale, and one woman bought $700 in meat alone; it filled 2 carts. The good thing is, she said, it lasts her 6 children the full 6 months until the next sale.

Back