Hair extension hell

Makeuptalk.com - Makeup forums and reviews

Help Support Makeuptalk.com - Makeup forums and reviews:

Reaction score
I just bought a ExpresLocs ponytail extension, I've worn it twice and the hair keeps getting matted very badly. I use a wide toothed pick/comb to get out tangles as well as my fingers. It's getting pretty rough at the ends already. I think I need to wash and shampoo it. I need the name of a Walmart or Rite Aid brand shampoo and conditioner that works well for extensions. I don't want to be one of those trashy looking girls because of bad care for my extensions.

Reaction score
Ultraswim Dry & Damaged Hair Formula Ultra Repair Conditioner, This is the conditioner I have heard that work very well. Though I never use it. But my friends told me that this is really nice on. Hope this will help you.

Reaction score
Hello, I have also made some bad experiences with hairextensions. I have had cinderella hair, balmain, and Great lenghts...and so on At the moment I am wearing Keratin hair extensions  and I am really satisfied with the quality. I guess once you decided which brand you want to wear you can just visit the webpage of the provider and search for one of their certified organization- that's how I found my hairextensions. Thanks

Reaction score
I agree ranzuWCB! Fusion extensions with keratin bonds are the best quality when it comes to extensions. I bet what you were using, rae1216, were hair extensions that were not Remy System.

Remy System--When the hair is perfectly harvested in a single direction to ensure the extension follows the same path as your natural hair cuticle. Without this attention to quality control, bi-directional cuticles occur resulting in increased unmanageability and tangling following each washing.

If you want to try to fix what you have now, I recommend using a hair extension detangling mist and a smoothing conditioner. And I highly suggest making sure the hair is Remy System before purchasing another set. Also, I also highly recommend going with Remy System, keratin bonded, fusion extensions. Tony Odisho Extensions exhibit all of these qualities and are the best price on the market right now.

Reaction score
hi . is your hair extension made by human hair or synthetic material ?  usually if the material is synthetic . it will be

Reaction score
Hello JimmyJohn 

I love hair extensions and wear clip-ins although I would also like to try some that are more permanent extensions. I found tape in hair extensions tutorials on youtube. They look really good and you can purchase them from loads of websites including ebay

Latest posts