Happy with your Birchbox subscription Poll options

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Originally Posted by murflegirl /img/forum/go_quote.gif

However, if we were to present this "research" to Birchbox and expect them to take it somewhat seriously, it would have to be really pared-down, neutral questions that you can answer either positively, negatively, or neutrally to. But then again, that's just me spouting off on some social science! Pardon me :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />
I'm thinking they will take the feedback surveys on their site more seriously than a poll from a makeup board. When I am happy with a sample size, I say so. When I thought it was lacking, I say so too.

Originally Posted by gypsiemagic /img/forum/go_quote.gif

oh heck yes. the level of ranting and complaining in the past two months has made me enjoy the threads so much less, I was not surprised to see those were the majority of the options. It would have made more sense if it was just a "I cancelled Birchbox, this is why" poll.
Am I terrible person that I've read the threads MORE because I find them entertaining? 
applaus.gif

Originally Posted by alphaloria /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Am I terrible person that I've read the threads MORE because I find them entertaining? 
applaus.gif
I do the same thing! Some ladies complain about some things that don't make sense. I know some of the things they complain about are legit though. Although I feel if you don't like BB or your are constantly complaining then just quit and take your money elsewhere! Yeah the points are great but why stay another month if you will do the same and not enjoy your box. November will be my 4th month and so far I've been happy, I love trying out new products and if they irritate my face or something then now I at least know what not to buy. If a product doesn't work out I wont bash BB for it, I'll simply give it to my mom or someone that loves trying out new stuff like me.

Originally Posted by diana16 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I do the same thing! Some ladies complain about some things that don't make sense. I know some of the things they complain about are legit though. Although I feel if you don't like BB or your are constantly complaining then just quit and take your money elsewhere! Yeah the points are great but why stay another month if you will do the same and not enjoy your box. November will be my 4th month and so far I've been happy, I love trying out new products and if they irritate my face or something then now I at least know what not to buy. If a product doesn't work out I wont bash BB for it, I'll simply give it to my mom or someone that loves trying out new stuff like me.
The shipping issues and food allergies are legit complaints. One-time use samples are pretty sad - foil packets are fine but include multiple (I once got 5 packets of serum from a local shop so I could test it for a couple of weeks!). Everything else is just hilarious. Whining that your $10 box only contained $15 worth of product when shipping was free and you are getting $5-$6 of shop credit? I love getting a great deal too, but come on.

I've definitely just skimmed over anything that starts to sound like a complaint in the BB threads. Lol

I've seen some people that say stuff "went straight into the trash"!!
confused.gif

I'm happy with BB!

Originally Posted by karenX /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Same here. It's always been there, to a degree, but this past few months it's been almost unbearable. 

I wouldn't begrudge anyone expressing their disappointment, but I feel like it's gotten out of hand.
Its like a circlejerk pitchfork mob. I actually do believe a lot of the hate comes from people always feeling like they got the "worst" box. I am under the impression that the longer you sub, naturally you are going to be trying more of the newer samples, because you have a longer history of samples, thus eliminating the boxes with any repeats. On any given month, there are only like 6-10/30+ box combinations that I am eligible to get, and generally they contain more of the "featured" products from the month. If people keep cancelling and signing up over and over, depending on the quality of one box, then they will never get any senority. 

Originally Posted by Merryone /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I agree but all of this drama over a 10.00 box.  If I paid 20 or 25 I could understand, but its a 10.00 box.  If 10.00 is so dear, then they shouldn't be wasting it on a beauty sub.
Seriously, I can't remember the last time I spent $10 on anything nearly as exciting as what I get in Birchbox. Its so nice to have it come to my mailbox, breaks up the monotony of being a super busy college student. I can't even get lunch for under $10. I think of it like fun gambling. Sometimes I get a huge return with my $10, and sometimes it only makes me back a little more. 

Originally Posted by alphaloria /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I'm thinking they will take the feedback surveys on their site more seriously than a poll from a makeup board. When I am happy with a sample size, I say so. When I thought it was lacking, I say so too.

applaus.gif
I still keep up with them, I would love to make one of those word collages where the bigger words are the ones that are said more. it would be highlarious to see.

Originally Posted by diana16 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Exactly, it is equally as helpful to show me what to avoid! Like the NARS Illuminator from ages ago, what a junk product I am glad I sampled and hated.

Masochists... Unable to break the BB cycle and cancel, yet repeatedly disappointed.. lol. Like myself, I torture my eyes by going to the BB threads every month to read the growing litany of grievances, some totally on point and others senseless and borderline absurd.

I have half a mind to go around and gather the best of the (or worst of the worst) complaints and compile them. 

Or make a page of mad lib style beauty box complaints. 

I swear two months ago things were so different, two months of decreased quality does not make a trend.

I definitely feel like there is relevance in giving both positive and negative feedback to any company when SERIOUS issues arise because many times that feedback helps the company move forward as seen with the recent changes in Myglam/Ipsy. But I swear to you half these women pay the $10 every month just to have something to complain about.......

If you don't like nail polish, don't sub to Julep....If you don't like products geared towards a younger demographic don't sub to Mygalm/Ipsy....and if you don't like Beauty and lifestyle items of all sorts don't sub to BB.....easy as that. If your not someone who likes receiving a variety of products knowing some are going to be hit or miss then sub services probably aren't for you.

If you went to a sushi place for the first time and discovered you hate sushi you wouldn't keep going back complaining that they don't serve food you like...you just wouldn't go there again and would instead eat somewhere with food you like. Why do so many people feel the need to spend their time complaining about something they don't like month after month....just move on and do something more productive with your time and money 
nixweiss.gif

Originally Posted by Fairest of all /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I definitely feel like there is relevance in giving both positive and negative feedback to any company when SERIOUS issues arise because many times that feedback helps the company move forward as seen with the recent changes in Myglam/Ipsy. But I swear to you half these women pay the $10 every month just to have something to complain about.......

If you don't like nail polish, don't sub to Julep....If you don't like products geared towards a younger demographic don't sub to Mygalm/Ipsy....and if you don't like Beauty and lifestyle items of all sorts don't sub to BB.....easy as that. If your not someone who likes receiving a variety of products knowing some are going to be hit or miss then sub services probably aren't for you.

If you went to a sushi place for the first time and discovered you hate sushi you wouldn't keep going back complaining that they don't serve food you like...you just wouldn't go there again and would instead eat somewhere with food you like. Why do so many people feel the need to spend their time complaining about something they don't like month after month....just move on and do something more productive with your time and money 
nixweiss.gif
Yep... I keep relaying that the subs are a gamble and crapshoot..You win some, you lose some. Treat it like a bad relationship and get to stepping if it's not meeting your needs/wants. Definitely agree, $10 must not mean much to some when they're repeatedly unsatisfied and not seeing changes that reflect their greivances. No, people shouldn't have to always cut their losses, but if you're just wanting to sweat every little minute detail....Definitely feel part of it is burn out from over sampling at times, too...getting all the various subs in the mail and stacked on your couch or table...they don't shine as much as a few or even one.

Exactly, I am thoughtful about subscribing before I do, since the market is kind of exploding at the moment. I cancelled Beauty Army after one box because it wasn't what I was looking for, I also cancelled myglam for three months and resubbed after they had consistently improved.

some people just like to feel like they are the victims. 

let it go people!! :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> 

g.  None of the above.  

I'm just waiting 'til I get to 400 points (at 350 now) so I can cash out and be done with this hot mess.

Originally Posted by Jennifer Love /img/forum/go_quote.gif

g.  None of the above.  

I'm just waiting 'til I get to 400 points (at 350 now) so I can cash out and be done with this hot mess.
that was an option on the other poll I believe. 

we are a lot of non cancelling bb fans, perhaps your negative opinion would be better received on some of the other threads.

Originally Posted by gypsiemagic /img/forum/go_quote.gif

that was an option on the other poll I believe. 

we are a lot of non cancelling bb fans, perhaps your negative opinion would be better received on some of the other threads.

I was under the impression that I could express my opinion anywhere on MUT so long as I was polite about it.  I believe I was.  RME.

Originally Posted by MissLindaJean /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Masochists... Unable to break the BB cycle and cancel, yet repeatedly disappointed.. lol. Like myself, I torture my eyes by going to the BB threads every month to read the growing litany of grievances, some totally on point and others senseless and borderline absurd.
Referencing something a page or two back, but I always do the latter. Seriously. The BB complaints bum me out, but I always tend to go back to the threads. Must break the reading cycle!

Originally Posted by Jennifer Love /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I was under the impression that I could express my opinion anywhere on MUT so long as I was polite about it.  I believe I was.  RME.
anybody can say what they want wherever they want, but generally people who post contradictory ideas within a place of general consensus are doing it with some sort of motive or point to prove. 

There are plenty of other threads here that are more appropriate for those who are cancelling birchbox, I am meerly pointing out that your post here seems to be either mis-posted in the wrong thread or posted to send some sort of negative message to those of us who are happy with the service.

We value your opinion, but it just seems petty to post here as opposed to the other threads. (i realize the other one was locked) but this is a birchbox positive thread :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> 

Although I'm a MUT newbie, I have to say I couldn't stop reading both the praises and complaints. I realize how stupid it was when I was on the angry bandwagon on the day that 1-2 samples were showing on some boxes. Looking back I realize that I shouldn't have freaked out and assumed that was ALL I was getting! There are two main reasons i don't cancel, one is that even though I always have some extent of box envy , I am happy with all I've got. I have added products i would have never found on my own, and though my wallet is tired, my skin is looking great ha, ;) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> The other reason is that bb has some pretty great girls doing their CS. They have always been friendly and helpful with both box and not box related issues. This past month in particular, they tried really hard to right their wrongs with me, and although it took several calls and emails before the storm. They did what they promised even if the timeframe was longer than I would have chosen. A company with great CS is one I stick with.

Back