Has anyone tried the lo-carb diet to lose weight?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nooo.... not true.

Every diet is different.  

The one I did was high in protein and VERY lo in carb - the only fat was from the proteins (steak, fish, chicken, tuna, etc). Only certain fruits and veggies made the cut too.

I was hard in the beginning, but like SQOATZ said, after the 3rd or 4th day you feel amazing.

Originally Posted by Dragonfly /img/forum/go_quote.gif

With a keto diet, I understand it is high fat, medium protein and low carbs.

I was curious what types of fats you would consume if you needed to eat 600+ daily.

I did Adkins for several months, a year ago. Definately all protein, fats from the protein, and minimal carbs.

But a keto diet is not the same thing.

I think he was referring to the keto diet - similar to the one I posted the link.

Maybe he will respond again, to my post.

It basically turns your body into a fat burning machine. During cuts, I would cycle carbs or do keto with carb up weekends to help preserve muscle, it would only take me about 2 days to get back into ketosis so it wasn't really a big deal.

The bb.com link is a great start to learning about keto. The keto section is also very helpful, especially the recipes!

What's confusing about the fats part? 

Cutting for sports is completely different, to reach a class you go through tons of stuff. The last week is hell >.< 

Oh btw, after my first week in ketosis I drop about 10lbs. 

I think I was confused with the fat info because I was reading info from different sites.

One would be just like Adkins, which I have been successful with.

And another said to eat so many protein calories, so many fat calories, and so many carb calories.

I wasn't sure if this meant to eat additional olive oil or butter - or to eat proteins that contain a lot of fat (peanut butter as example) to increase fat intake.

Anyways, hope this makes sense.

Do you have another site to recommend, regarding keto diets.

The protein/fat/carb macros depend on your weight and metabolism, it's all about calories in vs out!

You take in additional fats like olive oil (don't cook it!), coconut oil, flax+fish oil, any of the omega 3s :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />. Avocados and nuts are another great source. Heavy cream works as well. Try to stay organic too, especially with peanut butter. 

The bb.com keto section is about as good as it gets; it's very accurate and the most informative for the diet.

Originally Posted by SQOATZ /img/forum/go_quote.gif

sometimes I would wrap lettuce around a bunch of bacon and cheese and eat it like a burrito :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

mmm speaking of... I just had 2 of those yuuuuummmmy I want more lol

ya i'm jelly, all i had was some whey protein with dextrose and aminos :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Originally Posted by Bonnie Krupa /img/forum/go_quote.gif

mmm speaking of... I just had 2 of those yuuuuummmmy I want more lol

haha  go eat a lettuce wrap mmmm lettuce wrap   I think I counter acted the goodness of the wrap with my third glass of alcohol :X  lmao

oh my, i'm about to go out and have some drinks myself! w00t finals are over :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

You can actually turn alcohol into a fat burner! I do it whenever I'm cutting :eek: /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> Also, a glass of vodka before you go to bed makes you look extra lean if you're going to the beach or a pool party the next day!

Edit: inb4 cool story bro

So what you gotta do is nom on some chicken and greens the day prior to the night of drinking. Stay away from carbs, since alcohol calories put themselves priority to burn, any calories from carbs you eat will be stored as fat :eek: /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> Also, drink strong alcoholic drinks (takes longer to drink) or just straight shots!  

Originally Posted by Bonnie Krupa /img/forum/go_quote.gif

no way :eek: /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Back