Have you ever found a HG via a sub box?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Totally agree with NYX, I never would have given them a chance since I don't shop at drug stores much for beauty stuff, but it's awesome. Love most of their lip sticks/glosses and eye shadows!

Ipsy introduced me to Nyx, which I would have probably not bought at the drugstore because I didn't realize how awesome it would be. And the City Color blushes are my HG blush for sure...such big pans and the colors are as good as expensive blush on me. I also really love Pacifica, Chella and Zoya products, which I wouldn't have bought if not for Ipsy.

My other sub is Starlooks...I unfortunately haven't found any HG items from this sub, and I'm cancelling after 3 months. It's a fun sub but financially I can't do it right now.

Last edited by a moderator:
@@yousoldtheworld - can I ask more about black soap?  I keep hearing about it and I'm tempted to get some for my kids.  They don't have the greatest habits when it comes to keeping their faces clean (pre teen boys) and was wondering why you like it!

Thanks
Sure! It's a traditional African soap made from the ash of certain plants and barks (cocoa and plantains, among others). It does an amazing job of clearing pores and exfoliating. 

Here's a bit about it from Treehugger:

Black soap is made from the ash of locally harvested plants and barks such a plantain, cocoa pods, palm tree leaves, and shea tree bark. First the leaves and bark are sun-dried and then roasted in a kettle or pot at an even, constant temperature, which is important to ensure color, texture and smell. Then water and various oils - palm oil, coconut oil, palm kernel oil (including shea butter and cocoa pod powder) - are added to the mixture and stirred for at least a day. After that, the "soap" is left to set for two weeks to cure. Oftentimes the soap is made by women and is fair-traded, though not always.Black soap is traditionally made in west Africa, typically Ghana, from secret recipes. Different tribes and communities have adopted their own specific (secret) blend of oils and cooking techniques, which can be seen in the different color variations among black soap. The ash itself was often used to heal cuts. Varieties of black soap actually made in Africa tend to be pure, while soaps made in Europe or the US tend to have added artificial ingredients.
I personally use Shea Terra, because it is the real deal and I like the company and results. There are other sources, though!

I haven't subbed for very long, and I only sub to Birchbox and Ipsy, and have gotten one box from Memebox, but here goes! :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Ipsy:

the Pixi brand - I got the primer, but then I found Pixi in Target and I love their blush!!

Elizabeth Mott - I purchased everything she has on her website except the mascara and lash card... I actually LOVE her eyeshadows, but not so much on the shadow sticks!

Birchbox:

Jergens BB Body Perfecting Cream - love love love!!

Supergoop sunscreen/serum

Benefit - anything!!! Love the products and the packaging!

theBalm - ditto above!

Memebox: 

O& Soapberry Foaming Cleanser - this will definitely become a staple in my skin care routine!

I love everything I got in my LuckyBox 5, but I am not sure if I will repurchase... who am I kidding, I probably will! LOL

Yes! I bought a palette after we recieved those pout paints, seems like a good brand overall!

No, not in Norway at least. And our Glossyboxes usually suck (sorry). Last month we got 4 samples (like freebies) and 1 deluxe. Really want to unsubscribe, but feel like I can't. :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Back