Hello from a genderqueer person!

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hello Everyone!

Figured I might as well begin my introduction here.  As you probably noticed from the title, I describe myself as a genderqueer person.  With that said, I have quite a bit of fluidity in relation to how I express myself gender-wise.  While I am genetically male, I often express myself as female, and sometimes have appearances in between.  You might say that I don't go by the traditional gender binary.  I'm a graduate student studying music at the moment, and given my background, I also spend much of my time working with a non-profit organization called PFLAG where we provide support and education for the LGBTQ community, their friends, and family. We also try to spread awareness of issues surrounding gender variance.  I joined this site as it looked like an open-minded group of people where I can be myself and learn more about makeup which I definitely consider an art in itself :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> 

I absoutely love using makeup to assist in how I express myself, whether it be a stage-look when performing with my band, or even just going out with some friends on the weekend.  Most female (and male) friends of mine, don't share much of an interest in makeup (I probably own more than most of them combined lol), so I'm glad I found this site!  I will admit, I'm a little late getting into makeup and such, but I'm learning bit by bit :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I'd love to make some new friends here, so feel free to message me to chat, or add me on Facebook, or ask any questions you may have!

Hope everyone has a great week!

Cheers :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Casey

Welcome to Makeup Talk.
hand.gif
Glad you decided to join us. Both genders and every type in between are welcome here!

Please read our Terms of Service first. Next go visit your profile (top of the page) and fill out some information about yourself so we can get to know you. Please don't hesitate to private message myself or other moderators if you need something or have questions. Enjoy your time at Makeup Talk!

heart.gif

heart.gif

heart.gif

heart.gif

heart.gif

heart.gif

heart.gif

heart.gif

Some of our most well-loved sections are:

Makeup Discussion

Makeup Videos & Tutorials

Nail Talk

General Chit Chat

Hair Care Talk

Subscription & Sampling Programs

Hauls and Stashes

heart.gif

heart.gif

heart.gif

heart.gif

heart.gif

heart.gif

heart.gif

heart.gif

Welcome Casey, I am transgender, not exactly genderqueer, but yeah. Welcome! The community here is very nice, so I am sure you will enjoy it here. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I second what Dalylah said. I'm glad everybody's welcome here, regardless of which sex/mix of sexes they personally identify with. I avoid other groups that discriminate against others in any manner, regardless of the reason. Even as a married female in my 40s - so-called 'straight' - I don't believe that any of us are as 'straight' as we think we are. It doesn't matter anyways, when it comes down to it. We're all human beings. Hope you find some interesting stuff here to help you along with your cosmetics interest :)

I agree Satojoko; life is never as black and white as some would lead us to believe and diversity is always a strength.  It took me quite a while to get comfortable enough to explore this interest and experiment with products and such, but I'm really enjoying it now.  I have about a decade or so of lost time to make up for, but I'm definitely putting the effort in these days :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Welcome! 
flowers.gif
flowers.gif
flowers.gif

Makeuptalk is a wonderfully helpful community and I'm glad you've found us. I hope you enjoy your time here and if you have any questions don't hesitate to contact me or another moderator!

Thank you for the welcome Kawaiimeows!  I Definitely have much to learn and this community looks like a great place to begin :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Latest posts

Back