Help from fellow beauty bloggers! (please!)

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
First of all, sorry if I'm posting this in the wrong place(didn't know where else to post it)...I started a FOTD post on my blog(got only 1 so far) and I'm having a HUGE problem getting a nice picture of my eye shadow...it always shows washed out and doesn't show the details at all! I have a good cam(or at least I think so, it's an Olympus SZ-14, it's simple,but 14megapixels). I need advice from you guys! Please tell me what do you do for pictures of your eyeshadows to actually show the colors and details! Any help is much appreciated! :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

what do I do with it? I know my way around the computer ever worked for Microsoft for a bit, but not my way around the cam XD

It's probably too high if your photos are being washed out. If you have good lighting, go for a lower ISO. 

Also good lighting is going to highly impact the photos. Make sure your face is evenly it with daylight bulbs. Normal incandescent bulbs give off a yellow light. The normal flash on your camera is going to be far too harsh. Let me know if this helps!

Check to see if there is a setting on your camera where you can select the different lighting. On my Canon, I can select the lighting for what type of light I'm around; sunlight, low light, incandescent, etc.

Originally Posted by jaydhagberg /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Also good lighting is going to highly impact the photos. Make sure your face is evenly it with daylight bulbs. Normal incandescent bulbs give off a yellow light. The normal flash on your camera is going to be far too harsh.

Let me know if this helps!
Thank you yes it does help so much :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> The bf forbids me to use the flash cuz it does really wash out the picture so much! Where can I get these daylight bulbs? 

Originally Posted by KimberlyP /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Check to see if there is a setting on your camera where you can select the different lighting. On my Canon, I can select the lighting for what type of light I'm around; sunlight, low light, incandescent, etc.
Yup it does, and I've tried with incadescent, but it still washes it out and it doesn't show like the details in the eyeshadow it just looks like a blur

Being a camera man's daughter and not knowing a thing about cameras, i have always stuck a piece of scotch tape over the flash to diffuse the light. The day light bulbs can be found at any hardware store, look for something that says the color temp anywhere from 4000 degrees kelvin to 5500 degrees.

Originally Posted by studiomakeup /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Being a camera man's daughter and not knowing a thing about cameras, i have always stuck a piece of scotch tape over the flash to diffuse the light. The day light bulbs can be found at any hardware store, look for something that says the color temp anywhere from 4000 degrees kelvin to 5500 degrees.
Sweet! I will definitely look for this! I not only need it for pictures, but doing my make up in a room with yellow light kinda sucks...badly :S Thank you so much for your help :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Latest posts

Back