Help me please! I can't afford a salon anymore.

Makeuptalk.com - Makeup forums and reviews

Help Support Makeuptalk.com - Makeup forums and reviews:

Reaction score
I have a dog who is ailing and all our extra money has to go to her so before anyone says, "go to a salon"... just know, I won't.

Ok, did a high lift back in October and it pulled orange/gold--Ion.  I didn't know anything about levels back then.  I have been covering up roots and orange with a level 8 demi from clairol.  I wanted to go blonde again.

I went to a salon and pait 70 bucks and hated with they did..  They lifted the yellow just a tiny bit after I said, "no yellow" and it ended up looking frosted and really trashy-almost burned.  I went to another salon and paid 150.  She did a full foil and lifted it to much more--a little yellow that the shimmer lights help with.  Eventually, she was going to help me get my hair an all-over color that I can maintain myself.  She left the underside natural. I have been told my natural is a level 5 or 6, depending on who you ask.  

Ok, so now my roots are growing out and it looks terrible.  I have a 1,000 vet bill.  I can't go back for awhile.  I am thinking of touching up the roots with Born Blonde Ultra Blue first and then applying some type of color on top to bring myself to a level 8 or so blonde.  I want to be a medium to light blonde.  Now I am pretty light, but not quite white.  I have naturally light eyebrows so I don't want to go darker.  I used sun-in for years and years before this and it worked nicely. 

I like the way my hair feels with a demi, but the salon warned my hair may just grab up the base color and turn green or ash.. whatever.  Ion told me to put on a 8 gold permanent (to add warmth) and then a 8 A over it and on the roots.  Too complicated for me.  

Any advice?

Reaction score
Technical schools that teach hairdressing offer salon services at discounted rates. You should check it out. Ask for a simple colouring so you can perhaps maintain it or go to Sally's beauty supplies and try colouring yourself. I don't see how getting foils was supposed to get you an all over colour that you can do yourself.

Reaction score
no matter what I say, they set it up so I have to go back.  Today, I touched up the roots using Born Blonde and it worked ok.  It is a tad lighter than the rest, but it will do.  Now I have to find out what to put over it--demi?  to even it out and darken it a level. 

Reaction score
She said since I had so many different things going on, they had to put different strengths of bleach on separate pieces to get it sort of even.  The only option I had before was going darker b/c the first salon did such a horrible job.  I am afraid I won't be able to match a perm. color.

Reaction score
As you colour over your previous dye jobs, it'll all blend in. You can always dye it all a darker colour.

Reaction score
I touched up my roots with Born Blonde and it worked pretty good.  I missed a few spots that my husband is going to help me with.  Does anyone know if I can use a demi on this?  I like the way they make my hair feel.

Reaction score
If your hair is orange use an ashy color it will neutralize the orange. Blue cancels orange.

Reaction score
I have been using demi Clairol profess.  8 A.  It washed out real quick so I put a protein filler on.  Will see.

Latest posts