Help me with my hair growth:(

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Good day to all. I am honestly very upset at this point, so I would really appreciate some kind words and helpful advice!
I am an 18-year-old girl. My hair has been long my entire life, and didn't really require much work - just some shampoo and conditioner/mask was enough, I didn't have trouble brushing through it or having it long.
Now, about a year ago (June 2021) I went for a haircut to a new stylist. There was some miscommunication because I was a tad nervous, and, well, what I thought would be a simple trim ended up with 15+ cm of my hair being chopped off. At first I didn't give it too much thought, as I figured it would simply grow back.
However, a year later and it's at the same length as the day I got that haircut - at first some parts of it did grow out, but it was so uneven (for instance, the left side of my hair would grow around 5 cm, the right would grow 3, and the middle wouldn't grow at all), it was horrendous to look at so I had to trim it so it'd be even. I left it untouched for about 6 months, hoping it would eventually grow somewhat evenly, but the middle (if you're looking from the back) didn't grow at all.
I have attached photos of before and 1 year after the haircut, so you would get the idea.
It has really brought me down emotionally. I am unsure what I am supposed to do, as I really miss my long hair. Fyi I have never dyed it and use heat tools only 1-2 times a year. I usually don't do any hairstyles, I don't towel dry and don't blow dry it. If you have any ideas why it is taking so long to grow, or how to fix it, please let me know!

Attachments

• -fq07mo.jpg
    -fq07mo.jpg
    253.7 KB · Views: 0
  • 37viiy.jpg
    37viiy.jpg
    246 KB · Views: 0
Good day to all. I am honestly very upset at this point, so I would really appreciate some kind words and helpful advice!
I am an 18-year-old girl. My hair has been long my entire life, and didn't really require much work - just some shampoo and conditioner/mask was enough, I didn't have trouble brushing through it or having it long.
Now, about a year ago (June 2021) I went for a haircut to a new stylist. There was some miscommunication because I was a tad nervous, and, well, what I thought would be a simple trim ended up with 15+ cm of my hair being chopped off. At first I didn't give it too much thought, as I figured it would simply grow back.
Hello and welcome.

How was hair growth before the cut?

Hello and welcome.

How was hair growth before the cut?
Since I usually didn't cut my hair much before, only trimmed it, I can't say for sure. But it usually took around 3-4 months before you could see visible growth, where I had to trim the ends

Since I usually didn't cut my hair much before, only trimmed it, I can't say for sure. But it usually took around 3-4 months before you could see visible growth, where I had to trim the ends
Which means it was still pretty normal, right?

However, a year later and it's at the same length as the day I got that haircut - at first some parts of it did grow out, but it was so uneven (for instance, the left side of my hair would grow around 5 cm, the right would grow 3, and the middle wouldn't grow at all), it was horrendous to look at so I had to trim it so it'd be even. I left it untouched for about 6 months, hoping it would eventually grow somewhat evenly, but the middle (if you're looking from the back) didn't grow at all.
I have attached photos of before and 1 year after the haircut, so you would get the idea.
It has really brought me down emotionally. I am unsure what I am supposed to do, as I really miss my long hair. Fyi I have never dyed it and use heat tools only 1-2 times a year. I usually don't do any hairstyles, I don't towel dry and don't blow dry it. If you have any ideas why it is taking so long to grow, or how to fix it, please let me know!
First of all, I'm sorry about this situation, but there is a solution, please don't worry. I think it might be time to change your shampoo and hair care cream. You can use the products of a quality brand that contains collagen and keratin that your hair needs. You can use the oils you prefer, such as oregano oil, olive oil, sweet almond oil, coconut oil, rosemary oil, castor oil, and cedarwood oil. You can also use vitamin B7 (biotin), for hair. Btw don't forget to eat healthy in the process ;)

Hi Stacy, how's the hair, is there any improvement?

While there's no direct way to make your hair grow faster overnight, there are steps you can take to keep your hair healthy and long.
  • Keep up with vitamins and nutrients. ...
  • Apply essential oils/carrier oils. ...
  • Try topical ointments. ...
  • Take keratin supplements. ...
  • Use a topical protein treatment. ...
  • Caffeinate your follicles.

Hair growth is a vital part of life, and with so many products on the market, it's hard to know what to use. Many of these products are expensive, while others are ineffective. The Natural Hair Growth Treatment is a natural way to hair grow faster, using organic ingredients and vitamins. The product can be used by women of all ages.

I found this video really helpful and have also found it is working.

1. Shampoo your roots only.
2. Use leave-in conditioner on the mid-part of hair.
3. Use oil on the ends

These steps are important because the after shampoo conditioner doesn't help once you step out of the shower as the moisture goes away very easily. You need to use leave-in conditioner and oil on the ends so the ends do not turn to dust.

Hope that helps!

Sorry to hear about your hair struggles. That haircut mishap sounds like a real bummer! It's frustrating when your hair doesn't bounce back as quickly as you'd hope.From what you've described, it sounds like your hair growth might be a bit wonky due to the uneven trim. Sometimes, hair can take its sweet time to grow back evenly, especially after a chop like that.

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back