Help solve an old argument

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have mine set to 68 when nobody is home.....72 when we are home and 65 for bedtime.

In the summer I have it set at 78 during the day, just enough to take the humidity away but I hate to be cold in the summer and besides I have a pool so if it's too cool inside you don't feel like swimming, I turn it cooler for sleeping.

Originally Posted by dentaldee /img/forum/go_quote.gif I have mine set to 68 when nobody is home.....72 when we are home and 65 for bedtime.In the summer I have it set at 78 during the day, just enough to take the humidity away but I hate to be cold in the summer and besides I have a pool so if it's too cool inside you don't feel like swimming, I turn it cooler for sleeping.

Ah sweet! A pool! You know, you're right. I've been at hotels when on vacay that had the a/c too high and I had no interest in going to the pool or into the ocean because in the room I was cold. Of course, I get outside and feel it's, like 95 and wish I had my swimsuit on, lol!

So, it seems that the norm for home comfort is in the 70-74 degree range (I posed this question on 2 other boards and got pretty much the same answers; anywhere from 69-80 degrees.).

I feel justified and vindicated!!
rockwoot.gif
funny-1.gif
a-dance4.gif
bb.gif

Lol!

Originally Posted by Jinx /img/forum/go_quote.gif Yeahhhh, my bf sets it for 65 during the day and 65 at night and it is way. too. COLD.He doesn't think it should be any higher because of the gas bill;

I have arthritis and trust me, my hands ACHE at night from the cold. I turn that puppy up when he's gone during the day and after he goes to bed for a few hours.

Funk dat.

Yeah I wear more clothes in the house than I do outside.

When I leave, I can wear a shirt, jeans, boots and my coat.

Inside I have a shirt, sweatshirt, sweater, jeans, socks, fuzzy slipper booties AND have a blanket over me on the couch and still have cold hands and feet AND my glasses frames are freezing when they touch my face. Like ice.

Yeah, I turn the heat on when he is gone, lol. It's worse in the summer, it's colder in here, he spends a fortune on electricity I'm sure but he said it was worth it. I look stupid when it's 100 outside and I am wearing a sweatshirt, coat, slippers, blanket, etc inside.

My wife is just the opposite and I find she may have turned the heat down a few degrees during the day when I'm gone.. Lol. I'm usually the one that's always cold! She says it because I have poor circulation.. I don't know... At work I have a small heater under my desk.. Next to my purse!! And have to use it even in the summer to keep warm..

I love cold weather more than do hot weather.. Ya can always add clothes to keep warm but ya can never take enough off to cool down!!
biggrin.gif

Originally Posted by dentaldee /img/forum/go_quote.gif so will this help your temp go up at home???? I hope so Ummm, I don't know, but I sure am gonna try, lol!!I plan to compile all my results PLUS the energy-related websites that ALSO say the comfort range hovers around 72 and see what mr. smarty pants has to say!
laughing.gif

Originally Posted by dixiewolf /img/forum/go_quote.gif Yeah, I turn the heat on when he is gone, lol. It's worse in the summer, it's colder in here, he spends a fortune on electricity I'm sure but he said it was worth it. I look stupid when it's 100 outside and I am wearing a sweatshirt, coat, slippers, blanket, etc inside. Exactly. I dress like I'm heading on an arctic expedition and then step outside to people in shorts and tank tops, lol!

Originally Posted by Karren_Hutton /img/forum/go_quote.gif My wife is just the opposite and I find she may have turned the heat down a few degrees during the day when I'm gone.. Lol. I'm usually the one that's always cold! She says it because I have poor circulation.. I don't know... At work I have a small heater under my desk.. Next to my purse!! And have to use it even in the summer to keep warm..
I love cold weather more than do hot weather.. Ya can always add clothes to keep warm but ya can never take enough off to cool down!!
biggrin.gif

I dunno; my bf has poor circulation (purple fingernails, fainting spells, etc.) and he's the one who thinks frigid temps are okay.Your wife is me in the reverse, the heat goes up more than a few degrees if he's not in view!
yahoocool.gif

I think you are just NORMAL, lol!!!! Cold is cold and you know when it is!
laughing.gif

I set the heat somewhere between 68 and 75 degrees. I have been getting really cold lately and like the place really warm. That might have something to do with the sub zero temps.

Air conditioning I set around 75-78 degrees and then turn on some fans.

I dont have a/c, in the summer I use celing fans and in the winter I only use a slow combustion wood heater.

Back