Help with paints

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

Reaction score
I picked up a tube of MAC's Bare Canvas paint today since it seemed like Urban Decay was not going to restock their primer anytime soon...and I don't really know how to apply the paint. With my finger? With a brush? Also, do you have to use a large amount for it to work well as a primer coat? Any tips you can give me would be great, too!

Reaction score
I mostly use the UD primer now, but when I use the paint, I would dab it on with a brush - or like Charmaine - with my finger if I was in a rush...
wink.gif
Just a light layer would do the trick
icon_cheesygrin.gif

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Charmaine In the beginning I used a brush, but whenever I'm in a hurry or if I'm lazy I just use my fingers. You don't need to use a lot to get your e/s to stay on all day, just a very thin layer. You get a lot out of that little tube! Also, if you find that sometimes a lot more comes out of the tub, unroll a little bit the end of the tube, somehow that works. Ok, cool. I have a lot of art brushes (as I paint in my free time), so I shouldn't have a problem finding a good brush...and I'm happy to hear that you only need a little for it to work. I was afraid that you have to really cake it on, and I'd be finished with the tube in a month!
icon_eek.gif

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Kay-tee Ok, cool. I have a lot of art brushes (as I paint in my free time), so I shouldn't have a problem finding a good brush...and I'm happy to hear that you only need a little for it to work. I was afraid that you have to really cake it on, and I'd be finished with the tube in a month!
icon_eek.gif
oh... nooo ! lol They last a long time!
smile.gif
The only problem is that once you give it a little squeeze, it'll keep coming out the top!
icon_neutral.gif
lol I usually just dab a little out of the cap. And most of my makeup brushes came from the art store, so I'm sure you'll find something.
wink.gif

Reaction score
I use my ring finger to apply my paints and you only need the tiniest amount Kay-tee! I then leave it set for about 5 mins before i apply powder shadow over it.

Reaction score
Originally Posted by NYAngel98 oh... nooo ! lol They last a long time!
smile.gif
The only problem is that once you give it a little squeeze, it'll keep coming out the top!
icon_neutral.gif
lol I usually just dab a little out of the cap. And most of my makeup brushes came from the art store, so I'm sure you'll find something.
wink.gif
That's exactly what I do, too!

Latest posts