Hey y'all. Whats everyones plans this weekend?

Makeuptalk.com - Makeup forums and reviews

Help Support Makeuptalk.com - Makeup forums and reviews:

Joined
Dec 14, 2003
Messages
713
Reaction score
2
Not too much for me just a BBQ at a friends tomorrow. The SO is out of town until Tuesday. He's up in Boston at a croquette tourney.

Anyway, I broke my hand about 2 weeks ago in a huge bar fight!! Whew, it was a good one, I broke the guys jaw with my hand. Yeah he was talking smack about Makeup Talk and saying how Tony was a traney so I just got up and WHAM!! right in the face.

So hows everyone been doing?



 
Joined
May 3, 2004
Messages
644
Reaction score
0
Originally Posted by Tinydancer Not too much for me just a BBQ at a friends tomorrow. The SO is out of town until Tuesday. He's up in Boston at a croquette tourney. Anyway, I broke my hand about 2 weeks ago in a huge bar fight!! Whew, it was a good one, I broke the guys jaw with my hand. Yeah he was talking smack about Makeup Talk and saying how Tony was a traney so I just got up and WHAM!! right in the face.

So hows everyone been doing?



Did you really smoke some guy in the face? My God you sound like a younger version of me
. No major plans for the 4th. here, we are going to a cook out tonight at some friends. Tommorow (weather permitting) we are hoping to take a motorcycle trip to Daytona with a bunch of other folks and see the fireworks. Everyone have a safe and happy 4th.

 
Joined
Feb 17, 2004
Messages
1,992
Reaction score
1
Originally Posted by Harleymom10860 Did you really smoke some guy in the face? My God you sound like a younger version of me
. No major plans for the 4th. here, we are going to a cook out tonight at some friends. Tommorow (weather permitting) we are hoping to take a motorcycle trip to Daytona with a bunch of other folks and see the fireworks. Everyone have a safe and happy 4th.
Oh man,I'm sorry TinyD. I can't believe this has happened to you twice. I think you've been hitting the booze a bit too hard . Please be careful.

I hope you heal soon! And no more fights! Who do you think ya are, Rambette?

I'm going to the beach to watch fire works and I'm bringing homemade popcorn! Wohoo. Oh, and my hubs too. It's cool cause we are getting along.

I still can't believe you keep getting into fist fights! OMG.

T/c cali

 
Joined
Dec 14, 2003
Messages
713
Reaction score
2
Yeah, Cali you're right tequila is the devil! But hey if they wanna talk the talk they better walk the walk. Have fun at the fireworks!

Originally Posted by Californian Oh man,I'm sorry TinyD. I can't believe this has happened to you twice. I think you've been hitting the booze a bit too hard . Please be careful.

I hope you heal soon! And no more fights! Who do you think ya are, Rambette?

I'm going to the beach to watch fire works and I'm bringing homemade popcorn! Wohoo. Oh, and my hubs too. It's cool cause we are getting along.

I still can't believe you keep getting into fist fights! OMG.

T/c cali

 
Joined
Oct 22, 2003
Messages
22,667
Reaction score
442
Location
Huntington Beach, CA
Oh come on, your kidding about him talking about me, right?

LOL

Lemme at him...





Originally Posted by Tinydancer

Not too much for me just a BBQ at a friends tomorrow. The SO is out of town until Tuesday. He's up in Boston at a croquette tourney. Anyway, I broke my hand about 2 weeks ago in a huge bar fight!! Whew, it was a good one, I broke the guys jaw with my hand. Yeah he was talking smack about Makeup Talk and saying how Tony was a traney so I just got up and WHAM!! right in the face.

So hows everyone been doing?







 
Joined
Dec 14, 2003
Messages
713
Reaction score
2
LOL! Yeah, I was waiting to get a rise outta ya!! I did break my hand but not at a bar fight


It got slammed in a door. So Cali and I thought it was a much funnier story if I added some drama to it. You must know me by now.

Originally Posted by Tony(admin) Oh come on, your kidding about him talking about me, right?
LOL

Lemme at him...

 
Joined
Feb 17, 2004
Messages
1,992
Reaction score
1
Originally Posted by Tony(admin) Oh come on, your kidding about him talking about me, right?
LOL

Lemme at him...

Hehehh. Makes for a more entertaining way to break one's arm, eh? Fighting over a man who has insulted Tony. Way to go, Tiny!


 
Joined
Feb 17, 2004
Messages
1,992
Reaction score
1
Originally Posted by Harleymom10860 Did you really smoke some guy in the face? My God you sound like a younger version of me
. No major plans for the 4th. here, we are going to a cook out tonight at some friends. Tommorow (weather permitting) we are hoping to take a motorcycle trip to Daytona with a bunch of other folks and see the fireworks. Everyone have a safe and happy 4th.
It sounded entertaining, didn't it?
 
Joined
Jun 17, 2004
Messages
1,184
Reaction score
0
you guys crack me up! my brother is taking leave from the army because of the holiday weekend. he got in last night. BF and i are pretty much just hanging out a moms this weekend. tonight we had a cook out and played board games with my little sisters. it was my sister annikas 8th birthday. she got a bike and was really excited about it. i got her a hello kitty purse and wallet, and my brother got her some hello kitty stuff and a video game. were doing the same thing tomorrow, and setting off fireworks in the driveway. i love our lax firework laws in indiana. you can buy and fire off pretty much anything as long as its from "out of state." my brother leaves on monday, and BF and i are going to do stuff around the house. hanging pictures, laundry, potting herbs....im so exciting. lol.

 
Joined
Feb 17, 2004
Messages
1,992
Reaction score
1
Originally Posted by haloinrverse you guys crack me up!
my brother is taking leave from the army because of the holiday weekend. he got in last night. BF and i are pretty much just hanging out a moms this weekend. tonight we had a cook out and played board games with my little sisters. it was my sister annikas 8th birthday. she got a bike and was really excited about it. i got her a hello kitty purse and wallet, and my brother got her some hello kitty stuff and a video game.

were doing the same thing tomorrow, and setting off fireworks in the driveway. i love our lax firework laws in indiana. you can buy and fire off pretty much anything as long as its from "out of state."

my brother leaves on monday, and BF and i are going to do stuff around the house. hanging pictures, laundry, potting herbs....im so exciting. lol.

Happy homecoming and thanks to your bro!! Big time!! Happy 4th!


 
Joined
Apr 20, 2004
Messages
791
Reaction score
0
You both are very entertaining and had me going for a little bit!

 
Joined
May 28, 2004
Messages
124
Reaction score
0
Originally Posted by Tinydancer What's everyone doing this weekend?


I'm going to be working on my novel and trying to make time to work on my website as well (I want to get it up within a few weeks). Um... I might watch the fireworks from my house... that's about it. Wow, I'm so exciting
 
Joined
Feb 17, 2004
Messages
1,992
Reaction score
1
Originally Posted by GlossAddict I'm going to be working on my novel and trying to make time to work on my website as well (I want to get it up within a few weeks). Um... I might watch the fireworks from my house... that's about it. Wow, I'm so exciting
Ohhhh.... will you tell me about your novel?? I love to write too! This time I am NOT kidding! I'd love to hear about it.


 
Joined
May 28, 2004
Messages
124
Reaction score
0
Originally Posted by Californian Ohhhh.... will you tell me about your novel?? I love to write too! This time I am NOT kidding! I'd love to hear about it.


I'm actually working on two. One is probably 3/4 of the way written, the other is still in the structuring phase. The one that's nearly finished is a conspiracy theory type story. The new one I'm working on is a science fiction story. I generally only write sci-fi, horror, or conspiracy theory type stuff... since I think nearly everything is a conspiracy when it comes to our government (I know, I'm nuts.) Are you working on anything right now?
 
Joined
Feb 17, 2004
Messages
1,992
Reaction score
1
Originally Posted by GlossAddict I'm actually working on two. One is probably 3/4 of the way written, the other is still in the structuring phase. The one that's nearly finished is a conspiracy theory type story. The new one I'm working on is a science fiction story. I generally only write sci-fi, horror, or conspiracy theory type stuff... since I think nearly everything is a conspiracy when it comes to our government (I know, I'm nuts.) Are you working on anything right now? Is your conspiracy theory novel based on a particular non-fictional incident? I hope you don't believe in the "men in black." That would be too freaky if it were real.
I write poetry, and I love writing, but I have found myself mostly editing lately. If I were to write a book today, it most likely would be nonfiction about diabetes and coping mechanisms/emotions. So many people have it and it's increasing! I have type one. It's not the overweight kind. It's the insulin dependent one. I"m hoping for a stem cell transplant in 3 years!

In fact... this is funny timing. I just got a phone call tonight from a diabetic friend of mine who is going in for this procedure tomorrow! It's sooooo coool!

I used to be way more interested in writing fiction, but I think school got me into a more "technical" and psychological mode. Hence: Nonfiction!

Horror-- what got you interested in horror? I used to watch horror flicks when I was way young... with my dad. I got so used to them that they NEVER scare me, unless they are based on reality- and most are NOT. I laugh at them but try not to do that too much because it ruins it for the other people who are scared. I'd love to be scared, but nothing works anymore. LOL. I've built up an immunity.

Reality is the only thing that scares me now.

T/c and keep me up to date!

Cali



 
Joined
May 28, 2004
Messages
124
Reaction score
0
Originally Posted by Californian Is your conspiracy theory novel based on a particular non-fictional incident? I hope you don't believe in the "men in black." That would be too freaky if it were real.
I write poetry, and I love writing, but I have found myself mostly editing lately. If I were to write a book today, it most likely would be nonfiction about diabetes and coping mechanisms/emotions. So many people have it and it's increasing! I have type one. It's not the overweight kind. It's the insulin dependent one. I"m hoping for a stem cell transplant in 3 years!

In fact... this is funny timing. I just got a phone call tonight from a diabetic friend of mine who is going in for this procedure tomorrow! It's sooooo coool!

I used to be way more interested in writing fiction, but I think school got me into a more "technical" and psychological mode. Hence: Nonfiction!

Horror-- what got you interested in horror? I used to watch horror flicks when I was way young... with my dad. I got so used to them that they NEVER scare me, unless they are based on reality- and most are NOT. I laugh at them but try not to do that too much because it ruins it for the other people who are scared. I'd love to be scared, but nothing works anymore. LOL. I've built up an immunity.

Reality is the only thing that scares me now.

T/c and keep me up to date!

Cali



I don't know about "men in black" but I do believe in "little green men" of sorts... not that they're green or little, but that there is life outside of our planet. I don't think it's a far stretch. No, my conspiracy theory has to do with the government manipulating things. In reality I think we're lied to a lot by our government and I'm not particularly fond of it. I have written a lot of non-fiction in the past. I'm very much into sciences and social sciences, primarily genetics and psychology. Right now it's just ficition though.
Horror flicks don't bother me either. What most people think is scary I find laughable as well. I think reality is far more horrifying that fiction.. there are some creepy things that go on on this planet... more than any horror movie could ever depict. I like Stephen King a lot in that way... he takes ordinary people and puts them in screwy circumstances.

My boyfriend and I do much discussing about our personal views on the world (that most people would either find ridiculous or scary... but works for us) and from those multiple hour discussions has come several novels and novel ideas. That's what happens when you both have your own businesses... lots of play time... not lots maybe, but better structured.

I think I would die if I were diabetic. I'm not fond of being pricked with needles. I think diabetes has a new stigma attached due to the increasing number of overweight people. I realize a lot of people have it due to other factors. It's sad; what are we going to do in 10 years when 75% of the population is overweight and suffering from the ailments that go with it? Sorry to get off on my tangent, I was debating this a little earlier in a chat room. Talk to you soon.

 
Joined
Feb 17, 2004
Messages
1,992
Reaction score
1
Originally Posted by GlossAddict I don't know about "men in black" but I do believe in "little green men" of sorts... not that they're green or little, but that there is life outside of our planet. I don't think it's a far stretch. No, my conspiracy theory has to do with the government manipulating things. In reality I think we're lied to a lot by our government and I'm not particularly fond of it. I have written a lot of non-fiction in the past. I'm very much into sciences and social sciences, primarily genetics and psychology. Right now it's just ficition though.
Horror flicks don't bother me either. What most people think is scary I find laughable as well. I think reality is far more horrifying that fiction.. there are some creepy things that go on on this planet... more than any horror movie could ever depict. I like Stephen King a lot in that way... he takes ordinary people and puts them in screwy circumstances.

My boyfriend and I do much discussing about our personal views on the world (that most people would either find ridiculous or scary... but works for us) and from those multiple hour discussions has come several novels and novel ideas. That's what happens when you both have your own businesses... lots of play time... not lots maybe, but better structured.

I think I would die if I were diabetic. I'm not fond of being pricked with needles. I think diabetes has a new stigma attached due to the increasing number of overweight people. I realize a lot of people have it due to other factors. It's sad; what are we going to do in 10 years when 75% of the population is overweight and suffering from the ailments that go with it? Sorry to get off on my tangent, I was debating this a little earlier in a chat room. Talk to you soon.

Just a note .. don't want to take over this thread anymore than I already have.... there is a huge discepancy between type 1 and type 2 diabetes. You are right though ... the amount of overweight people in America is scary. I can understand a few pounds, but it is sad to me to see kids that are so fat that they cannot run and such.My aunt got that stomache stapling surgery because she was about 300 lbs. Well... she worked her way so that she could stretch out her tummy and eat more and more. Now she is obese again after going down to a size 12. It's obviously not just about FOOD! She just gave up ... again.

P.S. sounds like a great intellectual relationship with your beau. That's so cool. My hubs doesn't tell anyone about his alien space craft sighting because people will think he's nuts. He is VERY "left-brained" and scientific! I'll tell you about his experience another time.

Cali



 
Joined
Jan 18, 2004
Messages
2,255
Reaction score
1
I've had a fantastic weekend even though i have been soaked in torrential rain and covered in mud! I went to Knockhill racing circuit to watch the British Superbikes Championships. The sound of the bikes whizzing past at high speed got my adrenalin pumping and the race was exhilarating. It was a fantastic day out.

 

Latest posts

Top