High school football game called on account of stolen copper wiring

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Sept. 16, 2007, 1:08AM

Associated Press

SCOTTSDALE, Ariz. — A high school football game was called off because thieves stole copper wires feeding the stadium lights.

The lights at Anthem Boulder Creek's stadium wouldn't come on at game time Friday, leading to a 90-minute delay while officials tried to find out what was wrong. Minutes later, workers found the copper wires powering the lights were gone.

Both coaches said they never had to call off a game in more than 20 years on the job.

Anthem's game against Scottsdale Horizon was rescheduled for Saturday night at Glendale Deer Valley High School.

Stolen copper wiring 1, high school football game 0 | Chron.com - Houston Chronicle

I'm told that stealing and selling copper is very lucrative.My brother is a cop and he said the thieves make good money off it.

this is happening all over where i live. it's pretty much meth heads stealing metals to sell for drug $$. guard rails even! not too long ago a guy fried himself when he climbed into a power station to steal metal. atleast he was put out of his addiction misery.

They will steal anything that is not nailed down. They even crawl back in the back entrances of older working coal mines and steal wire... They usually get lost underground and they company's and government has to send in mine rescue teams to find them....

Latest posts

Back