Highest heels?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Originally Posted by Faith-Abigail /img/forum/go_quote.gif This weekend I wore a pair of 7'' platforms to work; 5'' inch heel and a 2'' platform. It was only a six hour shift but I was standing the entire time; I'm proud of myself.
smile.gif
Holy cow, and you didn't break an ankle or your head open?

Originally Posted by ticki /img/forum/go_quote.gif Holy cow, and you didn't break an ankle or your head open? Nope! I almost slipped once but that was because someone spilled cleanser on the floor and didn't clean it up. Dorks.
frown.gif

Actually, they were pretty comfortable. I'll probably wear them a lot over the Spring and Summer months.

Originally Posted by Faith-Abigail /img/forum/go_quote.gif This weekend I wore a pair of 7'' platforms to work; 5'' inch heel and a 2'' platform. It was only a six hour shift but I was standing the entire time; I'm proud of myself.
smile.gif
Thats a really good effort, I don't think I could do that. How tall are you Abigail?

If the shoe is comphy I can do a 3"-3 1/2 all day no worries, any much more than that I think I would feel it for sure for an extended period.

I don't wear platforms as I am 6ft tall without any heels
frown.gif

Originally Posted by Anthea /img/forum/go_quote.gif Thats a really good effort, I don't think I could do that. How tall are you Abigail?

If the shoe is comphy I can do a 3"-3 1/2 all day no worries, any much more than that I think I would feel it for sure for an extended period.

I don't wear platforms as I am 6ft tall without any heels
frown.gif

I'm only 5'3''. I need that extra little bit of height.
smile.gif

before children i could wear 4+ from 6am till past 11pm that night, catching trains, down and up cathedral st (steep street in sydney city where i worked) and at least once a day along oxford st. I started work as the run about for the higher ups in the office. Its the kind of work place where without people actually saying 'you have to wear heels' you kind of know you have too lol. I could do that no problems.

But now..Put me in a 2inch heel for a night of a party/wedding and my feet are cut up bleeding huge blisters...It sounds crazy but i strap my heels or outside of toes with the 2nd skin type bandage if i know im going to be on feet most of night.

7inch all day.. thats insane! lol well done faith
smile.gif

Way back like 30 years ago I used to have a job at a bank and my heels then were 3" hard marble floors but remember I was

19 yrs young and in good health with great feet.Several if not many ladies who had been working there on high heels for decades had moderate to severe feet problems you name it they had it.It is your feet you have one pair which should last for a lifetime , take care of your feet.Enjoy the heels in moderation, as in all things.

I think i've got it down now for sure! Most of the winter I had a basic pair of black pumps with a five in heel that I wore for work! My boots for all but the worst days wera also 5" with a small platform. Anyone else having sucess in heels?

Back