hot weather + bb creams = yay or nay?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
hey guys. i am afraid to apply my lioele beyond the solution bb cream or any foundation to my face because of this hot and humid weather of 90-100+. i was wondering if you guys would recommend me to do so because i don't want to look like my face just melted if i did apply it.

so, hot weather + bb creams = yay or nay?

thanks for your help!

I think it all depends on your skin type. I have extremely oily skin so I can only use BB creams in the winter if I decide to go without makeup.  I tried it recently on the same weather with humidity and I look like I had dipped my face in Crisco! No thank you .

Definitely depends on your skin and the BB. It has been very hot here and I still wear mine most days, although sometimes I have set it with powder.

i have combination skin. do you guys think it's okay?

i usually sweep a thin layer of my mac loose mineralize foundation after the bb cream. what you guys think?

My own skin is combination an in the summer I use my BB cream topped with mineral powder but I avoid going outside in the 80+ degree heat since I don't like my makeup melting off. I think you should be fine if you touch up with blotting tissues through the day. I don't think - especially if it's over 90 degrees - your makeup - specifically your foundation - will stay all day in hot and humid conditions.

I'm tending to agree with zadidoll...I think regardless of what you're wearing, if it's that hot, you might just melt. I try to use a tinted moisturizer and BB cream with some concealer, but my cream foundation has been sticking pretty well in the heat...but it's only been around the high seventies, maybe low eighties where I'm at. Of course, my cream foundation brand also makes stage makeup, I think, so that helps lol.

I have combo/oily skin and I can wear a TM in the daytime during summer without a problem. A BB cream and TM are very similar in wear. How does it work for u when u set the BB creamw with powder? Sometimes its kinda like trial and error.

I use just BB Cream on days when I'm in a hurry and really have not had any issues. I live in Miami, Fl (hot & humid most year round), but I have very dry skin. So it stays on longer compared to someone with oily skin. If you tend to sweat a lot, that will also play a big factor as well.

With US BB creams I find that the product cakes up more than with real Korean BB cream. Korean BB cream the formulation is very different than the American brands so it is more like a tinted primer crossed with a light weight cream. Personally I have not found one American BB cream - except maybe Too Faced - that I really like.

In Arizona, we haven't got tons of humidity, so both Korean and American BB creams have been ok on me for normal summer wear.

That said, I wore a skin79 one to a concert the other night and was sweating a LOT (indoor event but I was dancing more than I ever ever do), and went to the restroom and saw just RIVULETS of white on my face...not cool.

I personally prefer using bb creams when it's hot out...which in south Fl is almost all the time lol. I find regular foundations get kind of cakey looking when i sweat, but the bb creams are so light and breathable that i can sort of sweat through them (gross I know) and it still looks great. I've set it before with finishing powder and it seems to extent the wear time a bit. 

Originally Posted by calexxia /img/forum/go_quote.gif

In Arizona, we haven't got tons of humidity, so both Korean and American BB creams have been ok on me for normal summer wear.

That said, I wore a skin79 one to a concert the other night and was sweating a LOT (indoor event but I was dancing more than I ever ever do), and went to the restroom and saw just RIVULETS of white on my face...not cool.
Oh, that's bad.

Yeah, I wasn't too thrilled. But that's the first time something like that has happened, so I just won't use that particular formulation again if I anticipate a lot of activity.

The fact that usually BB creams hold up well in the heat here is one reason I prefer them to traditional foundation, honestly.

Latest posts

Back