How Can I Get The PERFECT FINISH?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi all!

I have oily skin and so I've heard and done research about super-matte foundations and thow these formulas are great foundations for oily skin. An example if Revlon's ColorStay. However, with these foundations, it's difficult to blend (per my research and asking around) so I know it'll take practice.

The look I'm trying to achieve is a flawless, full-coverage, and even-toned foundation. I love flair so if I have on neutral makeup colors, my "flair" comes from my expertly installed faux lashes that I do myself (I LOVE faux lashes!!!!). But, I always want the even-toned, flawless, full coveraged face...YET HOW DO I GET THIS?!?!

Is it a technique?
tocktock.gif

Is it having the right tools?
sleepyhead.gif

I have a friend of mine who's makeup is ALWAYS FLAWLESS but for some reason, I forget my JACKPOT QUESTION: HOW?!?!?!
cowboy.gif
Now, she has told me that she used to have some male friends who dressed as women and one of their makeup secrets to an impeccable face is baby powder applied to skin like regular powder before putting on liquid foundation. I've tried this and I still don't have the super-matte, look-like-a-magazine-cover-model face!

PLEASE HELP!!!!
ill.gif

Makeup Forever's Mat Velvet+ is great for oily skin. It's a full coverage matte finish foundation.

Cinema Secrets is a creme foundation is also a full coverage foundation. It covers EVERYTHING. But I find that it is not so great on oily skin, though it could still work for you.

Mhmm, okay. Thanks! These sound like Department-store-only makeup. Anything available at the usual 24hr Wal-mart? Or Walgreens? LOL Anywhere outside the malls?

do you use powder to set the foundation? Oily skin should be set with some sort of powder.

Also, I've tried drugstore brands vs professional brands and sometimes the money may be worth it IMO, especially if you want that flawless look. As far as techniques, I use sponges personally to apply foundation.

Originally Posted by bellagia /img/forum/go_quote.gif do you use powder to set the foundation? Oily skin should be set with some sort of powder.
Also, I've tried drugstore brands vs professional brands and sometimes the money may be worth it IMO, especially if you want that flawless look. As far as techniques, I use sponges personally to apply foundation.

Yeah, I have to agree on the department foundation. Ive had real bad luck with drugstore stuff. Also, their are more chances that you will get a better match at the department store since you can try it right then and there.
If you are afraid of the price and not working. Go to the mall and go to the counter you want to try, ask them to put the foundation on your face because you want to test it out the whole day. They will usually do it and you can go about your day, at the end of the day see how you like it. You might find the price worth it
smile.gif

I like full coverage as well. I use cover fx's cream foundation as concealer and set that with their powder foundation using a kabuki and it looks like full coverage on me. Having the right brush definitely helps.

I second the rec for the Make Up For Ever Mat Velvet + it gives the most gorgeous finish. I know you wanted drugstore brands, but getting a flawless finish for oily skin is tough and calls for professional products. I also recommend the new Smashbox Light primer, it goes on and fills in pores and does not allow the sebum to interact with your makeup. That alone is worth the $36 price tag - and you only need to buy one twice a year. Some of the other oil free primers smell like glue and that's pretty gross to smell all day, but the Smashbox doesn't smell at all.

Hey Ladies!

Okay, I've read all of your recommendations. I went ahead and went to my local Ulta and bought Iman cream-to-powder foundation in Clay 2 and have no complaints. Although I didn't think I needed a primer, I believe I do and since my new hubby and I are in the market for a new bed, I believe I'll take a more economical route and get a primer that has received rave reviews within the MUT community here but can be found at Wal-mart, Walgreens, etc. Although I've penciled Smashbox into my makeup inventory shopping list! LOL

Ladies, thanks a grand, you've all really helped me! Ooops! Oh yeah, I do set my foundation after application with a oil-blotting pressed powder by MAC, which I do love. It doesn't add any ounce of coverage but mattes everything out evenly. I'm going to try that primer and let you all know what's up with it. :) Hopefully, I'll get my pics online soon and create an album to share!

Latest posts

Back