How do I find flattering sweaters?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
As far back as I can remember, I've been wearing baggy ugly sweaters all my life
frown.gif
This year I finally threw out all those sweaters. And a friend enlightened me that sweaters CAN be form fitting and chic
cheer2.gif
. However I found that it's a problem shopping for new sweaters, I don't know where to find sweaters that can flatter my figure! Everything on Ebay looks either baggy or is in an ugly color! I've looked in Filene's basement but saw nothing of interest there. I would appreciate it very much if someone could offer suggestions on brands or stores. I live in NYC and my budget per sweater is under $40. Thank you!

hmm. I can't give specific stores since I live in Oz, but in my experience, a sweater that is too short will make you look fatter than you really are, so make sure you choose something that's a little bit longer than waist length - hip length is a good idea, it will also prevent plumber's crack if you wear low jeans!

I personally like fuzzy or soft jumpers so I look out for those.

Best look with your search! I'm sure some of the other girls will be able to suggest specific shops to look through

american eagle got nice sweaters and you can get one under $40

also check out forever 21 ( there is a big one in soho with a lot of selection although their website is pretty good too) their stuff is cheap and some sweaters are very flattering.

Back