How do I not look so shiny!

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Originally Posted by twistedm /img/forum/go_quote.gif i would definently recommend that you invest in a good foundation brush and keep away from those make up sponges...i have been a make up artist for 12 years now...and they are nasty! Unless of course you are going to use a new one or wash it after each application....! A foundation brush has synthetic bristles and helps to apply foundation on the top of your skin rather than taking it off and soaking it up (like a sponge) and your foundation will also last much longer! I use brushes for my liquid foundation of course! I only use a sponge for the powder so that I can press it on and it wont disturb the liquid foundation underneath and I change it regularly.

To be honest I'm not worried about germs unless it makes my make-up smell funky, apply inconsistently, or if it causes break outs. The only reason I use a brush with my liquid is that it's easier to apply and it doesn't soak up foundation.

Off-topic:

I honestly think that all this over the top hygiene does is prevent immunity, that's why people get sick all the time, because they sanitise their hands and tools and brushes and anti-bacterial this and that. I'm not saying be dirty but a mild soap is a lot better for your health. Our bodies have to be exposed to bacteria so that our immune system can recognise and kill them. Our bodies are far more resilient than we give them credit for.

^^ My two cents anyway.

OK so I have put some new moisturiser, but my skin is really all over the place at the moment so I haven't used it that much and having been keeping away from foundation for a while.

I bought Nivea Young Control Shine. I've used it a bit, but before bed. Tomorrow I'm going to use it when I get up, then do my makeup like an hour later and see what happens.

I used the advise of letting moisturizer sit. I let it sit while I do my hair and I think it helped me
smile.gif
and I've heard using tissue wrapping paper as cheap way to go with blotting/oil paper. I'm going to try that and see if tissue paper ones disturb my makeup.

Translucent powder will not change color but set your foundation and help it stay matte
smile.gif
I'm still testing out to find one that works the best for me. Good luck!!

Back