How do you "set" your loose powder eye shadows?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Lol!!  Well, we were warned that its a small company - so she may be out of product and we'll all have to wait till she makes some more!

So please, make more... we are now soooooo curious - I bet she'd get 100 sample orders! LOL!!

I actually use Paula Dorf's transformer to foil my pigments.  You can try two faced glitter glue also, I find that I can still blend my eyeshadow well when I use it as a primer!  Hope this helps 
smile.gif

Originally Posted by Lynmari928 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I actually use Paula Dorf's transformer to foil my pigments.  
smile.gif

Okay, maybe I should make this a separate thread, and will if I have to, but what is the difference between putting on my loose powder shadows and "foiling" them?  Also, I just learned that most mineral eye shadows contain pigments but aren't always 100% pure pigments.  Maybe I should head over to the mineral section.  What's the difference girls?

Foiling simply means to use a damp brush on the pigments or loose powder to apply. When the moisture dries (many use eye drops and others use simply water and some use MAC's Fix+) it leaves the product on your eye looking a bit more vibrant than it would if you applied dry.

Ahhhhh. Okay, knew the look, didn't know it had a name.

I think I may have stumbled upon a great glitter shadow base in a funny but classic moment:

"Mr. Sassy" uses a little hair gel in his hair each morning. He'd kill me if anyone knew this, mind you. Well, last time I got him this stuff by Garnier Fructis Style called "Super Still Gel"  I'll be honest, it was anything but a gel. It honestly looked like a funky clear caulking epoxy.  Hmmmm. So I put a dot on each lid, and the shadows stuck AWESOME. I'll see how long this will last. Who knew???

Originally Posted by SassyAuburn /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Ahhhhh. Okay, knew the look, didn't know it had a name.

I think I may have stumbled upon a great glitter shadow base in a funny but classic moment:

"Mr. Sassy" uses a little hair gel in his hair each morning. He'd kill me if anyone knew this, mind you. Well, last time I got him this stuff by Garnier Fructis Style called "Super Still Gel"  I'll be honest, it was anything but a gel. It honestly looked like a funky clear caulking epoxy.  Hmmmm. So I put a dot on each lid, and the shadows stuck AWESOME. I'll see how long this will last. Who knew???
LOL We won't tell him.
roflmao.gif

My only concern about that is the alcohol (if any) in it but hey if it works that's a fantastic find!
biggrin.gif

Originally Posted by zadidoll /img/forum/go_quote.gif

LOL We won't tell him.
roflmao.gif

My only concern about that is the alcohol (if any) in it but hey if it works that's a fantastic find!
biggrin.gif
I've used it two days now, so far no irritation. Tomorrow I want to try the eye drops thing with my minerals.  See how that looks too.

I've actually used a few different loose pigments: mattes, shimmers and glitters.  Here are my suggestions.  Use a lid primer underneath.  Always.  Then use a small brush to apply it so you don't use too much at once.  A little typically goes a long way with these products.  I apply it wet (not soaking, just damp) it helps the color stick to the lid immediately.  Using these methods I never get messy! 
icon_smile.gif

Back