How many of you got cold feet before getting married?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I never got cold feet.  I knew it would work out and never thought that it would not.  But -  I don't think it is abnormal to get nervous. It's a big commitment.  It can be daunting to think that you will be with this person for the rest of your lives.  I think as long as you have a good foundation of a relationship, it's ok to feel nervous. Some people are just nervous/anxious types!  Just go on with making one decision at a time, doing your best with each choice.  I think there's a lot of media out there about 'the perfect guy', but well, nobody's perfect.  You have flaws. I have flaws.  Our husbands will have flaws.  But if you two are good together and good to each other, then it should all work out ok.  Don't you think?  

i'm 27 and no we dont live together! i'm not questioning him, but i'm probably just afraid of what marriage life might throw at me. infact as we speak the introduction ceremony is in two months where we will meet our families. but atleast he is the calm one in all this and he says he understands the fact that all this might be overwhelming for me. i just wish my nerves could calm down so i just enjoy the whole process you know.
Nervousness, uncertainty, fear of regret, everyone has these thoughts on some degree. It's a huge step to a experience that you've never had before. I'm sure you've heard your friends, relatives, teachers talk about the permanence of this contract. You have every right to be scared. As long as you have trust in your husband to be, it'll be ok.

thanks turtle momma! i think so too! i mean he is good to me, and we have so much in common and he is very considerate and responsible! i think hes the kind of guy i realy fantasised about! and he is soo funny!  i'm more worried about if my family will accept him and if his will accept me.....................and he even understand the fact that it's normal to get cold feet and he tells me not to worry. i dont even know how i will break the news to my family and i feel bad because he seem to be the one who is making more efford than i am and he already told his parents about me and they are expecting me next month or so!

Originally Posted by divadoll /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Nervousness, uncertainty, fear of regret, everyone has these thoughts on some degree. It's a huge step to a experience that you've never had before. I'm sure you've heard your friends, relatives, teachers talk about the permanence of this contract. You have every right to be scared. As long as you have trust in your husband to be, it'll be ok.
thanx! i think i should just take it one day at a time i guess..and see how far it will go! the funny part is that at this stage i dont even seem to care about the dresses, cakes and all the wedding things, i seem to be focusing more on the after wedding life the families, finances and so on, and i thought this was suppose to be the exciting period were you brag about it to your friends, create a wedding file, choosing brides maids but i guess i'm too nervous for that. hopefully once the whole family introduction is over things will get better and maybe just maybe i will experience some excitement.

Back