How many times a week do you polish your nails?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I usually polish my nails once a week, unless I have a special event coming up. I let myself relax on Sunday nights after my daughter is asleep and polish my nails. It is my little way to pamper myself.

Wow you know what ... I don't feel so bad now >.<

I do mine every week, usually sunday or monday. I work at an office during the week and a hospital on the weekends. My hospital job DESTROYS my nails, I am lucky to survive the weeked without nicking or completely breaking a nail ( or two or three). So after my work on sundays I strip off and re apply.

I use at least 6 coats when i do it, 2 base, 2 color and 2 Seche Vite. But i add more layers depending on if i have glitter or a konad design.

Looking at my nails now, i probably have 8 - 10 coats of clear polish. Busy week didnt have time to mess with a color but i did have work do reinforcement was needed.

I can't imagine doing mine more than twice a week, I dont have that kind of time for sure and the remover would dry me out like crazy.

When I keep up with my nails I have to polish three times a week minimum to keep them clean looking. I've gone natural except for holidays/special occasions for the last 3 years...

I used to go once a week and get my polish changed, but lately I've been doing the gellish nails and they stay on for 2 weeks without chipping. They're dry immediately and stay shiny the entire time I have them on. The only problem is they dry out the nail, so I usually alternate every few weeks between gellish and regular polish.

Originally Posted by Bonnie Krupa /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I paint my nails like 1 every 3 weeks lol  I'm so bad

I'm worse than you. It's usually like once a month for me

Usually once a week, and usually Sunday night. My nails - well, hands in general - live quite a hard life, but chipping is never really a problem even though I practically only use cheapish drug-store polishes. I don't know how, it makes no sense as I don't use a topcoat x)

I paint my fingers every night, but as a man I don't generally wear it out in public so I usually remove it by the morning. I do my toes 1-2 times each week though.

I paint my nails 3-4 times a week I usually just do it for my blog, but once I get far ahead in my schedule posts I give my nails a break. I usually use acrylic nails-but since I took them off they are super sensitive so I have left them alone...
icon_sad.gif

I polish my nails at least 2 times a day and as I'm a man and during work days use clear or light pink or french for the office and something with more color for evenings and weekends.

Used acrylic before but as you they got very sensitive for some time after removing, now I have my natural nails since a couple of years and has let them grow but to keep them strong and healthy I have a professional manicure once a week

I polish my nails 3 times a week. Usually I wear french manicure in day time, but I change it if I need to go outside in the evening :)

I sometimes leave my nails without any nail polish, because when the nails are covered by artificial product, the natural nail is not exposed to
sensations of water, air, or temperature and becomes thinner and weaker. When nail polish is removed, the nail bed can once again monitor the environment and the nail will grow in thicker and stronger to protect the nail bed and fingertip.

Back