How much makeup do you take with you for vacations?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I always pack way too much. I'm always worried I won't have something I want. Lol.

i try not to take much, but it always ends up alot.

except for when i go home, then i barely take anything except for like concealer and mascrara and a l/g i use my sister and mom's makeup.

I pack only "key stuff" , like an eyepalette, 3 eyeshadow brushes (1 for applying the eyeshadow, a blending one and a thin one that when wet can be used as an eyeliner brush), foundation (and brush), blush and a black eyeliner pencil.

I usually end up taking everything - foundation, a couple of blushes, bronzer, several eyeshadows, a couple of mascaras, and lots of lipstick. My mood changes from day to night, so this way I can change my coloring whenever the mood strikes. I really need to get some pallettes, though, and downsize on trips.

Originally Posted by Retro-Violet /img/forum/go_quote.gif i try not to take much, but it always ends up alot. LOL, same here.I never know, what I'm going to wear.

Originally Posted by StereoXGirl /img/forum/go_quote.gif I used to pack WAAAAYYY too much. lol.
rotfl.gif

So I bought these for vacations:

http://content.ulta.com/images/produ...il/2121217.jpg

http://content.ulta.com/images/produ...il/2121218.jpg

I have the shadow one. I love it!!! I love how the colors look when you put them on wet.

everything, usually. most of my makeup I use regularly fits in a medium-sized train case, while my BM foundation supplies (including brushes) fits in this little makeup bag I carry with me.

I usually just take my big Sephora brush bag and put MU in the pockets on each side. In the end it's usually more then I need because on vacation I don't spend too much time on my MU.

I bring one each of foundation, concealer, bronzer, blush, mascara, and eyeliner. Then I bring 2 or 3 lipglosses and 2 or 3 eyeshadows.

Originally Posted by canadian_gurl /img/forum/go_quote.gif I usually overpack and don't use half of it. Now I try to take neutral colors that go with everything. ditto!

In the past, I'd bring far too much and it would end up being inconvenient and pointless. Now I make sure I can squeeze it all into a purse-sized makeup bag. I normally bring concealer, powder, mascara, a couple of eyeshadows, brow stuff, a blush or two, and the necessary brushes. I will bring everything if I am traveling to a place where I will definitely be using more than the norm (e.g. Las Vegas).

Enough to fit in my daily m/u bag - which I manage to stuff a lot in there. But I bring the things that I wear most often, with enough to mix it up a little bit so I'm not always wearing the same thing

It does usually depend on where I am going and things like that, but for the most part, I take the basic stuff, eyeliner, mascara, foundation, blush, e/s, lipgloss, I have a pretty medium size makeup bag that I travel with.

I'm such a goob, I have to take EVERYTHING!

My reasoning is that I'm going to miss something and want to use it, and it won't be there!

So both my tackle boxes come with me! LMAO!!

I pack my favorites which is too much anyway. I leave this weekend for a month-long vacation and I am sitting here thinking that I would like to fit in more!!
scared.gif

Back