How to ask for a redo on a hairdo

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Your new haircut makes you look like a bride — of Frankenstein. Before resigning yourself to a life under hats, know that most salons offer free redos up to two weeks after an unsatisfactory cut, says Paula Begoun, author of Don't Go Shopping for Hair Care Products Without Me (Beginning Press, $20, amazon.com).

After sleeping on it, call your stylist. (Go to the manager only if you don't get anywhere with the stylist.) Then start on a positive note, says Mark DeVincenzo, a hair designer at the Frederic Fekkai Salon & Spa, in New York City: "Cushion it with a compliment. 'I love what's happening in the back — the movement is fantastic. But the bangs are driving me crazy! Maybe it's me...'" That way, you soften the blow by assuming some responsibility.

Sure, stylists can read between the lines, says DeVincenzo, but "the key is to not hurt the hairdresser's ego — it's very delicate." Before making an appointment at a new salon, suggests Begoun, ask about its refund or redo policy.

How to Ask for a Redo on a Hairdo | Life Skills : RealSimple.com

Latest posts

Back